Thursday, May 30, 2024

Well How About That?

My goal for this month was to make sure I caught up to where I was last year. Which meant I needed to write something everyday. 

Today I have been restocking the freezer with beans and peas and such because Brent smoked a large pork shoulder on Sunday. So I was planning on sitting down to write when that was done. Technically they are still on the stove cooking but they are close to done. 

And I had been turning over a lot of ideas about what to write. Pride Month is almost here and it's a fraught Pride this year. Last year was bad, this year is worse. I also was going to possibly write about the ethics of voting. 

And then while I was stirring the pots on the stove the national pot just got a big old stir. 

Trump was found guilty on all 34 counts in his election fraud trial.

Wow.

And I do mean wow. 

I honestly did not think it would happen. We are so used to seeing him break laws and commit high crimes and misdemeanors in public view and nothing happening to him that I didn't think this would either. 

Even with E. Jean Carroll winning her case I still didn't think this one would hold.

It's just almost too much to hope for that he actually face any consequences. 

And it is too much to hope for that it will make a difference to his voters. 

I mean the E. Jean Carroll case is the equivalent of being found guilty of rape and they either have no idea because their media bubble did not cover the judge saying, in effect, Yeah that's what this means so stop calling her a liar for saying you raped her. That's the whole defamation part, you dolt! OR because they don't fucking care. He says it didn't happen so it didn't happen. That's all they need. 

This will be the same. They will say it was a politically motivated witch hunt and blah blah blah...

But he was still found guilty of all 34 counts. Right now he is a convicted felon. 

And that means he can't vote in the upcoming election. Even if he is appealing it. He still cannot even vote for himself.* 

What are the odds he commits voter fraud?

So yeah, this will be all from my brain today. I didn't think it would happen. I still am not convinced it will make any difference at all, or more accurately, convinced it won't. But it did happen. 

Twice impeached.
Liable for defamation against E. Jean Carroll because he did in fact sexually assault her.
Now a convicted felon. 
Finger's crossed the other cases are still brought forward and the guilty verdicts keep on coming. It won't convince the MAGAts, but it's still super satisfying to see. 

Guilty. 
Repeat that 33 more times...


*Edit: Turns out he can vote for himself. Because Florida law states that you can vote if the state you were convicted in allows felons to vote. So not nearly as funny as it was, but I do believe that restoration of rights is important, even if it's TFG's rights. So... 

No comments:

Post a Comment