Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Update...

Went to the doctor's this morning. And boo...

So remember how I wrote that if I had to choose between bleeding and hot flashes I might just choose the hot flashes? Well, guess what? It's not a choice. Bleeding is contraindicated for HRT so the choice has been made. I will take a month to transition off the hormones and then no more HRT for me. 

I also am going to have another round of testing to see what all is happening. She is starting with the ultrasound not the biopsy. If the ultrasound shows anything concerning then we go the biopsy route. She was very funny this morning, "What was your experience with the biopsy you had last year?" she asked very tentatively. 

"It hurt." I left the words LIKE FUCK off but my face was broadcasting LIKE FUCK for sure.

She made an apologetic face even though she wasn't the one to do it and was like, "That's why I like to start with the ultrasound, but we may have to do a biopsy depending on results."

"That's fine. I understand that. But I would much rather start with the ultrasound."

BECAUSE THE BIOPSY HURT LIKE FUCK!

And I still cannot believe that it's a test you are allowed to do without some sort of pain killer. I mean honestly.

But no more HRT for me. 

Which is a bummer. I mean, the bleeding is annoying and I probably would have made that choice anyway if I was given the choice, but...

The hot flashes and night sweats had stopped.
The mood swings had abated.
My sleep was better (not sure if it was a lifting of insomnia in general or the hot flashes not waking me)
My skin wasn't as dry (not just in my vaginal canal, but all over, face, arms, legs too)
And I think it was giving me a little protection from my food issues again. My once a quarter cheat meals weren't affecting me much. Like very little pain and discomfort. 

We will see what all comes roaring back after this break. 

But if I have to hook back up the BedJet and get one of those personal fans and start slathering myself in lotion again then I will. 

Because as much as I will bitch about it, HRT just isn't for me apparently. 

Not every medical treatment is for everybody. The real pisser is the lack of research we have on a variety of female bodies to be able to say, okay, this didn't work, we can try this other thing. We really don't have a lot of options. And even the options we do have don't have a lot of research behind them. 

It sucks. 

But I was able to get the automatic refill on my prescription cancelled and I won't have to pay the high cost for the ultrasound (Yay for reaching our deductible!) and I'll know that I tried. 

Yeah, it still sucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment