Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Quick...

I'm writing this just to say I've been writing this week, I just haven't written anything for the blog. Which makes it look like I haven't been writing more days than not. Even though I have totally written more days than not. But it also doesn't move the counter for the three nonfiction one fiction tally for the week. BUT that is an average and technically I have extra blogs in the bank just for moments like this one. I mean for the month of July I only need to hit two nonfiction for the rest of the month and I'll be at the monthly number I set at the beginning of the year. Without even dipping in to the extras from previous months.

AND....

Okay, yeah, this is just flat out a space taking blog to remind myself that I did write even though when I look back at this week later I will think I messed up. 

But I sent a fiction piece to Dana on Sunday. That I wrote on Sunday. And yeah, I should have written that in pieces the whole week ahead, but it still counts. And I wrote a couple of letters today. Which seems like it shouldn't count, but these particular letters are really like mini blog posts. A little current politics, a little life lesson stuff, a reminder that the recipient is loved. They would totally be blogs if they weren't personalized. 

So this is just flat out a THIS TOTALLY COUNTS piece. 

Leaving me a little breathing room to figure out a fiction piece for here and two more nonfiction the rest of the week instead of looking like I hadn't written anything since last Friday. Which most decidedly would fall out of the write more days than not parameters. And I have totally written more days than not, I just haven't posted more days than not. Which this sort of makes up for!

It's not cheating if I'm the one making up the rules!


No comments:

Post a Comment