Wednesday, May 3, 2023

You Never Can Tell...

I am wearing pink checked tights right now. For people who have known me for a long time the fact that I am wearing pink is weird. I look good in pink. I have the right coloring for pink. Or at least I did before I dyed my hair red, maybe not as much now. But I still don't really wear pink. I have one pink shirt that I like but it's kind of a dusty pink and I really love it for the sparkles. For the most part I don't wear pink. Even on Wednesdays. Though today it is Wednesday and I am wearing pink...

The tights were part of a mystery grab bag from Snag. For the price of one pair of tights they sent you three, but you couldn't choose which ones you got. These were in the "classics" pack that I got. Not exactly what I would call classic, but hey, here they are. And I've been trying to give them a chance to grow on me. I've layered them with other colors to try and mute them out a bit. I've worn them with plain things to try and see if they were the star of the outfit would I like them. And then today the dress I'm wearing has hearts of multiple colors on it so  I wore it to match the pink. Thought with the hearts and the checks the outfit was kind of a "Do you love me? Check Yes" sort of thing.

I still don't love the tights and this will probably be the last time I give them a try. I might keep them just incase I get a wild hair someday and decide to try pink again.

You never can tell.

This morning I had an old post pop up in my on this day feed. At the time one of the things Facebook was trying out was this bar to the side of your feed that let you know what your friends were talking about. And it was telling me that Marcy was talking about alcohol. It made me laugh at the time because Marcy for sure would not be talking about alcohol. Devout member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (that's too long and they should just go back to saying Mormon). 

Today it made me laugh because we were comparing booze shelves in our pantries last week. 

Things change. 

And you don't know if they will be big things like changing your religious beliefs or small things like giving the color pink another try. 

Our problem is that we never think things are going to change. We live our lives like what we are doing now, who we are right now, is going to be the exact same in ten years. Even though we know we aren't the same as we were ten years ago. It's odd. 

I was never good at the interview question where they would ask where you saw yourself in 5 or 10 years. I had no clue. Which is not the answer they want. People want you to have future plans. And be confident in them. Even though nobody knows what they are going to be doing in 10 years. The world changes every single day and you change with it.

You are shifting constantly. Your world view is changing every time you get exposed to a new idea. Even terrible ones. They still make you rethink your positions. And the people you are interacting with are changing as well. So there is no way to stay the same in your relationships because everyone involved is changing too. 

I mean you can keep the framework. You can keep the basics. Ten years ago Marcy and I might have gone on a hike while her husband did his little sailing thing and she tried to convince me that being a mormon made sense. Now we might still go on a hike but I would imagine we'd talk about the guy she is dating and probably have drinks afterward. Still friends. The framework is still there, but we aren't the same as we were ten years ago so the conversations would be different. The things we connected over would be changed. The beverages would be tastier. 

I probably wouldn't wear pink though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment