Saturday, May 27, 2023

I Live...

Today's reel prompt is I live...

I thought about doing a funny I live video. You know, like the kids today say, Oh this is blah blah blah I live!

Which means they really like it. 

I live for this! Oh this is giving me life!

But I needed to work on a fiction piece for Dana so I had my computer opened to those files. And I thought, I live here as much as I live out there. Meaning I live in these made up worlds. 

When I'm writing I'm there, I'm living that life. I'm sitting at the table listening the Ellen and Gloria talk (you'll probably eventually meet them). I'm hanging out in the room with the vampire and her husband while she talks about eating leeches as little party snacks. I know who lives there and who is already dead. Though sometimes it's a surprise to even me.

I thought about the other places I live. I live on a horse farm in Australia. I live in a chaotic busy house (though much less so now) in Ohio. I live on a Scottish hiking trail. I live by the ocean. I live in a city. I live in the county. I live in Canada and England and Ireland and India and on safari in Africa. 

I live in Hillsboro. In a quiet suburb. At a soccer stadium. At a hockey barn. At a grocery store, though I'd like to not. 

I live in books. So many books. I just spent two days chasing and being chased by a serial killer in a very funny book. Yeah, I said funny. And now I'm living as a demon trying to get a big soul score to get a promotion in Hell. I expect it to be funny as well.

I've talked before about certain people who like to tell me to get a life. Or get a hobby. They don't agree that I live in all of those places. They have limited themselves to only certain things being real. The real world. The approved of things. That's life. That's real. That's acceptable. That only the part about living in Hillsboro counts. 

How dull.

To only experience as real the things you can put your hands on? Yuck.

I live inside my head. Which means that no matter where I am, no matter what is going on, I'm living. 

And when I'm on my game I can bring you along too. And we all can live in the room with the vampire and her husband...and just hope we know who makes it out alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment