Friday, May 26, 2023

Diet Plan...

She was looking at her skin in the mirror. "I think I might try that new diet Cassandra is on."

"What's that?"

"I said, I might try that new diet that Cassandra is on."

"No, I heard you. What new diet is that?"

"Oh sorry. She's being doing this vegan diet. Claims that it's helped her skin look better."

"Really?"

"Micro plastics. She says that the micro platistics are the problem. Since going vegan she says her skin has gotten firmer and rosier. She also said it's good for brain health. She's thinking clearer. Like the plastic is a bad conductor of electricity so it slows your thinking."

"Well that sounds like something for sure."

"I know, you think she's all pseudo science mumbo jumbo, but I have been reading a lot about the micro plastic problem and it does seem to concentrate the higher up the food chain you go. Like there might be some in the water, which means a little in the plants, so the animals who eat the plants get some from that, and some from the water. Then the animals that eat those animals get some from the water, some from the plants they eat then the concentration from the animals they eat from the water and plants that they ate as well. See? The higher you go the more you get. It's like the mercury in the fish."

"And this is causing your skin to look bad?"

"Do you think my skin looks bad?"

"No, I don't think your skin looks bad, you said it helped Cassandra's skin look better and you were thinking of trying it so I assumed that you think your skin looks bad."

"I just think it doesn't look as good as it could."

"So you want to change your diet over it?"

"I think it might be worth a try anyway."

"Have you heard about it from anyone but Cassandra?"

"Why don't you like her?"

"I like her fine. But she's just not what I would call a good source of information. She's prone to...trends? You know, she's always chasing that new thing without really looking deeper than she heard it someplace."

"She's not so bad."

"Really? Do you remember the leeches?"

She shuddered, "Okay, the leeches were bad. I mean, I'm not sure why she thought that was a good idea but..."

"But you're willing to trust her on the vegan thing?"

"Okay, maybe a little more research."

"Ask some questions, how long will they have need to be vegan before the micro plastics are cleared from their system? Where do you even find a large enough pool of vegans to cull from without drawing suspicion on you? And will you be able to get enough iron? I hear they are notoriously deficient in iron and protein."

"Oh, that's as big of a myth as vampires can't see their reflection in mirrors."

"See? Just another reason to do more research. I mean you don't want to end up eating leeches as portable snack packets."

"You made your point. I'm not starting today anyway, let's go hunt up some dinner..."

No comments:

Post a Comment