Thursday, May 25, 2023

Oh, Honey...

I got pushed a news story yesterday. It was one of those "news" things that aren't news at all. They are opinions, outrage machines, nonsense generators. And I got pushed it because the algorithms told it that I am interested in Pride. 

Except this was anti-pride. Which happens now too much to make it seem like a lazy algorithm and more one that is designed to cause more outrage. Is the person trans? Send them transphobic bullshit! That will get them engaged!

Oh fuck off..

So yesterday I got a little story about how the Alt-Reight is protesting Target and trying to get a boycott going because of their Pride line. There was a video clip of a woman showing how she was just ten feet into the store and BOOM! Pride stuff! She was trying to berate an employee and then a manager for it all. Grooming! Horrible! Where's the straight section? Where's the Christian merchandise? Which, lady, I know it will blow your mind, but there are Christians who will gladly rock the Pride stuff. Because, well, there are LGBTQ+ Christians and LGBTQ+ Christian Allies. Crazy right? They would be more likely to shun you than the Rainbow tribe. 

It's such a weird thing to me. The recording yourself being an asshole to people. I mean, I get that she believes she's being some sort of vigilante hero. Protecting the children from rainbows! Hiding behind her religion to do it. All the while rocking a full sleeve tattoo. (Leviticus 19:28) I have a tattoo myself but it's hidden, I mean, I don't want to be out there shoving my lifestyle choices down people's throats. 

And she's yelling at people who did not make the decision to have a Pride line at Target. I have no idea how those two people felt about any of the merchandise. The decision to carry Pride stuff is made at a level WAY above them. So why go berate people who are just trying to do their jobs? They aren't following you around throwing rainbow glitter on you, they are literally just there at work trying to be helpful to those that need it, and trying to not yell at you for calling them names. 

But in part of the video the person doing the recording, as they chase the manager through the store trying to get him to fight with them, you could see all of the Pride merchandise they had piled into their cart. And right on top were these really cute little flags. Like maybe the size of a index card? So cute. 

So today I went to Target and bought a trans one and a bisexual one. I'm bummed they didn't have just the full Pride in the little size, maybe I'll hit up the Target closer to the house and look for that one. 

Her video, the hundreds of pieces of anti Trans legislation that have already been put forward, the entire retreat back to attaching pedophilia to gay and trans people, the fact that at least one of our Supreme Court Justices believes that Obergefell should be reversed...well, all of that together shows that we need Pride more than normal. We need full rainbows and flags and support every single fucking day. Not just in June but EVERY.SINGLE.FUCKING.DAY.  Don't stay silent when you hear people like her talking. Don't be a bystander. Wave your flag. Stand in front of the camera between the bully and the store manager. They HAVE to be nice, it's their job, you don't. 

Don't let transphobic, homophobic, "reasonable people can agree", name calling just pass you by because it's not your problem. If you do, it is your problem. You are the problem. 

Rock your rainbows. I know where you can get some cute Pride merchandise if you need some...

I guess her little video worked on me. Just not the way she had hoped. 



No comments:

Post a Comment