Sunday, April 30, 2023

Took a Turn...

So first off before the monthly recap, I got notice yesterday from Blogger that a blog I wrote was put behind a wall due to its sensitive nature. The wall is that you have to click that yes you understand that it's a great and terrible thing you are about to read before you can go in and read it so not that big of a thing but it also stands as a warning to me that I am almost, but not quite, violating Blogger standards. Makes me glad I've been printing out all of my blogs to keep hard copies just incase the next time they shut me down. 

The blog was from 2018. Blogger is a self regulated site, meaning that they don't use search words to peg blogs unless someone reading the blog reports it. The blog was about books and what you notice as an adult that you don't when you are younger and how freaking creepy it is that King did a particular scene in IT as a pivotal moment. And that he defends it TO THIS DAY. (I'm not mentioning the scene just in case the person that reported me for thinking King was icky is reading this as well) 

And that right there is part of the problem with our society. They are offended at what I was talking about and got it blocked when what I was saying is that King was being awfully creepy and not in a good creepy way. They got mad at the wrong thing. 

It's like in Montana where they sent the representative home and won't let her speak anymore because she said what the rest of them were doing was dangerous. It's like in Tennessee where they expelled the members because they spoke out about how what they were doing was dangerous and ignoring the will of the people they were supposed to be representing. 

People clutch their pearls and moan about decorum when they are wrong and know they are wrong. 

(Not saying that's what happened with my blog, just it fits with the pattern)

The representative from Montana is trans. She is WELL versed in trans issues. She's not being hyperbolic when she says people will die because of the anti trans legislation that is being passed. It's like what I talked about earlier this month, if you are upset about what I'm saying, about what she's saying instead of gasping and saying, "Oh she said I had blood on my hands!" Fucking look at the blood on your hands and understand how it got there!

The representatives from Tennessee are worried about people being shot. You are worried that they led a demonstration of other people worried about being shot. And the people that voted to expel them, and this is just fucking unbelievable, when they remonstrated them they claimed that they felt threatened. The people SPEAKING about guns made you feel threatened? Not the obscene amount of gun violence? Not the shootings, but the speaking? Oh please...

You see it all the time in real life and online conversations. The tone policing. Where you get dismissed because you aren't following decorum. You aren't being polite. You're not nice. 

You all know how I feel about nice. 

Not surprisingly I get tone policed all the time. I can, and do, often argue very calmly and watch my language and all of that "good" stuff. But I also often swear to make a point. I've had more than one person decide that my entire argument is invalid because I don't capitalize the word god. It's a willful ignorance that must be maintained in any way possible, and if that's tone policing that's what they'll use. If it's crying about a lack of decorum that's what they'll use. 

And, I get it, there is a point where you can say to someone, that's not an argument you are making, you're just being argumentative. There is a difference. Calling names and throwing mud and lies is not a valid way of making a point. It doesn't make any point except telling me that's all you are capable of. But when a trans lawmaker isn't allowed to speak on trans issues because she was honest yet those that called her out on it misgendered her and that's fine...well....

When three lawmakers protested the lack of action on gun violence and only the two black members were voted out and the white member wasn't? Well now let's add some racism to your lack of action as well. And yeah, they got BIG MAD when it was pointed out that kicking out two of the three was racist and how dare people call them racist instead of asking themselves why they only voted out the two black members and not the white one? I mean...I'm not saying you are racist, heavens no, I'm saying what happened sure looks pretty racist. Or it was totally racist. (clutch those pearls)

It's just tiring to see the party that complains about snowflakes and easily triggered people and safe spaces get all up in their feels about someone saying something accurate about what they are doing.

Get mad. I am a fan of getting mad. Obviously I live a good chunk of my life fairly mad now days. BUT GET MAD ABOUT THE RIGHT THINGS. And then when you are mad about the people dying, the people losing their health care, the people who don't get to decide with their doctors what treatment is appropriate for them, the parents who are in danger of losing their children because they understand a living trans child is a gift and a dead cis child is a tragedy...when you get mad about those things then start doing something about them. 

And not something like clutching your pearls and dabbing your tears because how dare someone say you weren't doing what you could to save lives. 

Fucking get out there and work on it. 
Time 
Money
Words
Support

Do something productive. 

Don't let them tone police you into silence. 

They do have blood on their hands. The anti trans legislators and the NRA bought and paid fors. A lot of blood. 

Shame on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment