Friday, April 28, 2023

Back At It...

I hadn't worked out in a week. I've had a tweaky knee and a weird schedule. Lots of workers coming in and out of the house at various times. And so everything in my schedule has been moved around and shifted. Add to that needing to prepare for the work to be done. 

Part of the deal with the house is at the end of a year they go through and fix anything that needs done. Settling cracks, nail pops and such are included. But to do that I needed to go through, find them, and mark them. It took awhile. And then when the crew came in yesterday they went over everything with flashlights on their heads so they found even more. Not to brag but the head of the crew said they'd done a lot of the warranty work in the neighborhood and our house had the most finishing issues that needed fixed...

Okay, not really great, but at least they are taking care of them. And it really does make sense. Last April the house went from "This is not ready to close" to "Oh wow, they got it done" in record time. We had already had to fix the drip pan in the furnace because to get everything dry in time to paint they cranked up the heat to crazy high and basically baked the house. Which melted the drip pan. Which mean when the A/C started cranking and the condensation from that had nowhere to go it ran into the HVAC system and shut the whole thing down. Thank goodness for warranty coverage on that one as well.

So I took two days off at the end of last week to try and rest my wonky knee and then every day this week it was, TOMORROW, for sure I'll get a work out in tomorrow. And then tomorrow would become yesterday and still no workout. 

Today was my day. The only thing on my calendar was a quick look at the crawlspace to see what was going on down there with the drainage and if it needed fixed or not and then I would have the whole day to get other things done. Including a workout. 

Except it ended up not being a quick look. They were actually here to do the work. There goes the morning. 

Luckily for me, and unluckily for him, Brent had blocked out time in his schedule for a workout as well. But his workout gear was in the closet where the access to the crawlspace is and he didn't want to try to uncover it all from the tarps they had laid out. But since you had blocked it out anyway would you cat watch and cover for questions from the crew? 

So I got my workout in. 

Knee seems to be pretty okay. A little tweak at the very end, but nothing major. Shoulder, neck area is not happy from spending so much time looking up at the ceiling this week but hopefully I'll be able to find all of those trigger points on my own and get that knocked down. If not I'll try and find some time with Mari and have her fix me up. 

They finished up the crawl space while I was working out so when I finished it was on to the rest of the day. The bedroom and closet stink. I'm not sure if was just their uniforms were saturated or they were using it in our space but it smells like someone took a couple of cans of WD-40 and just sprayed them everywhere. We've got everything opened up and airing out but I decided to push my shower just a bit to give it a chance to smell a little less intense. Fine, I need to write anyway. But wait first I should start laundry since I haven't done that yet. And the house really needs to be vacuumed from the drywall work yesterday but I'd like to give the cats a moment to calm down before I do that but wait the floor in the bathroom has dirt and insulation that has to be swept up now before the cats get into it and what was I doing again?

Which made me laugh. 

Just finished that book on forming good habits and one of the most important things is good routines. Get into a habit of I do this then I do this then I do this. Eventually it becomes automatic. The full habit forms around the routine. And things get done. Screw up the routine and you wander from room to room thinking, Oh I need to do this, OH wait I need to this first. Oh wait...there is this thing that needs done...

But, I worked out today. So I'm calling it a win. 


Even if I know there is a growing list of oh another thing forming even as I type. 

Take the wins where you can find them and have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment