Tuesday, January 31, 2023

One Month Down...

End of January and hitting all my numbers. Which is good. When you are already not hitting them in January it makes for a really big struggle year. 

I read the bio, read the self help book, read the Stranglings book, cleared a couple of books off my Kindle and a couple extras. 

Writing I hit the one fiction piece a week, two pieces to Dana, three nonfiction plus a few more. I sat down and wrote more days of the week than I didn't. 

Working out, that was a start and stop stutter step get it going thing. I worked out 17 times last month which means on more than half the days so that's not terrible. 

Did Picture of the Day again and made some progress around getting the house settled and sorted out. 

So now I'm looking at February. 

The reading and writing stay the same. That's a yearly overarching goal so that's steady. In fact at some point today I need to sit down and start on Dana's piece. I've been sending her something that is a little different than what I typically write, at least the part I'm writing now it is. It's a weird thing. Started as a flash in my head of a scene then automatically started filling in this super wholesome backstory that did not fit with the original scene at all. So I'm trying to figure out what the bridge is. Where does it all go so terribly wrong...or does it never go there and that first scene will never play out?

If you're thinking it's mean of me to talk about it and not post it, first off, thank you for liking what I do, and secondly I'm keeping it in my pocket for the weeks that will surely come where I'm too busy, stressed or out of pocket to write something new and then I'll post it as my weekly fiction piece on the blog. Planning...I can do it. 

Workouts I'm switching up a little. Which I do every month. Even though I wasn't as consistent last month as I could have been I'm still doing a little shift this month. I'll finalize tomorrow but for right now it's weights on Monday and Friday and cardio Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Thinking of doing the little 3-12-30  (3 mph, 12% incline, 30 minutes) one day a week, maybe two. It's supposed to really get your heart rate up so I'm thinking of testing it out. If it's too hard on my knees I'll go back to flatlandering at a higher speed.

I'm not going to do Picture of the Day this month. The list just didn't really grab me. I mean I'll still post way more pictures than anyone ever really wants to see but there just won't be that one themed one. Though I added back in Selfie Saturday on a whim that first Saturday in January and I'll keep that up for awhile. So at least one day a week it was kind of a wash. 

Still thinking about that word of the year idea. Ocean. And staying in that flow feeling. Doing what I need to do to get in to that feeling of balance. I've been trying things here and there seeing what feels good. Trying to make sure that I don't get stuck doing things just because they are habit. Mindful floating. The ocean will drown you if you don't pay attention after all.

But I'm pretty pleased with how January went. Though as I mark my progress on those yearly goals I am looking ahead wondering what the hell I was thinking. I've got 11 more months of four blogs a week and two nonfiction slow reads a month. It seems a little daunting right now, not going to lie, but it's why I do it right? I like that feeling at the end of the year when my boxes are checked and my tallies are marked. Can't get there without this part.

I hope your first month went well. And also, as a side note, I figured out how to make January not seem so long. Skip Dry January. Honestly, Brent and I were talking over the weekend about how crazy it was that it was already almost February and how fast it went. Then realized we didn't do Dry January this year. I could count the number of drinks I had on one hand and have fingers left over so it was a barely damp January but just not having the YOU CANNOT hanging over our heads made it much more bearable.

Life of the contrarian...




No comments:

Post a Comment