Friday, January 8, 2021

Schedule Shuffle...

I'm writing at 8:30 instead of at noon because I need to do a schedule shuffle already. Which I knew I would at times and to be honest as soon as I laid out my "things that need done" I could see an issue. I want to make sure the office gets cleaned at least once a week and I can't really do that while Brent is working and my original plan was to get the housekeeping stuff done during the week so I didn't have to worry about it on the weekend. (breathe)

Anyway...

Kind of hard to clean the office while Brent is working so I figured he'd rather listen to me type for a bit than have me try and clean around him. So first shift, instead of writing during his workout on Fridays I will clean the office. 

But the other chore for Friday is mopping the floors. Impossible to do with the cats awake. So this morning chore time was a quick bathroom clean and now writing, hoping that they decide to take a big nap upstairs this afternoon. Though to be realistic, I think mopping is going to have to be a weekend chore while Brent can watch them downstairs or upstairs. Mopping with awake cats is an exercise in futility. 

Honestly, trying to keep the house clean with two cats is as well.

I'm finally over my little bit of guilt I felt when George died that it was easier to keep the house clean. It made me feel so badly to think that at the beginning. He was a puker as well as the cat hair everywhere. So puke to clean, cat litter dust to try and manage, cat hair in places that he never even went. About a month after he died and I realized my house was still clean on Friday from cleaning on Monday I was like, hey, this is kind of nice. And then I felt horrible for thinking it. 

Now I'm over that. It is nice to have a clean house that stays clean. Having two cats instead of just one is a ton more cat hair. They also get into everything. I mean everything. One of their favorite games is to take a toy and put in their water dish and give it a good soak and then bat that around. Water everywhere. Tig also likes to play with litter. He tracks pieces out into the hallway and then bats them around. It's pretty impressive how precise he is with a tiny little piece of litter, but it does make me feel like I live in a sty even though I JUST RAN THE FUCKING SWEEPER FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

They are a lot of fun, and obviously we love them dearly, and they are incredibly spoiled, but I do wish they were a little neater.

But other than that as the first week with a schedule comes to a close it was mostly successful. A little bit of bleed over here and there and I need to rebalance some days to spread the cleaning load out a little more evenly, but workouts are going well, the little bit of meditation practice is moving along, though I wouldn't say it's going well just yet. Even ten minutes of sitting quietly is difficult for me. But at least with the guided meditation I get my attention pulled back to what I'm supposed to be focusing on every once in awhile. 

(not even kidding just had to take a break from writing to clean up the water mess from Bunny taking a swim, sigh...)

I'm hopeful that I will get some fiction ideas here soon. I'm not actually behind just yet, I have ten weeks of no fiction built in to the year, but I'd rather be ahead than behind for sure. It's just been a week here in the United States so focus has been split. 

I'm so looking forward to a new boring president that you can go days without thinking of.

So here we are a week into 2021 and it hasn't been sunshine and roses, Covid cases and deaths in the US are still rising, though it hasn't gotten a lot of focus this week as we dealt with political uprisings instead. The current president finally admitted he won't be serving a second term, though he was back on Twitter this morning talking about still being around. But not at the inauguration. Which is fine, honestly I don't think anyone expected him to be able to there. My only worry is if Cult45 will also stay away. They tried one coup, it was a lame coup and mostly done for the selfies, but it was still horrible and if they try and disrupt the actual inauguration it could be even worse. 

How crazy is it to be concerned about such things? 

But that's also why my new schedule is good. It's kept me from doomscrolling the end of democracy. We might not be able to keep our House in order but at least I can keep my house in order.

Sort of.

If you ignore the cat hair and water puddles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment