Saturday, July 18, 2020

Well That Hit a Nerve...

Yesterday's blog might be my most shared blog ever. It's close to the most engagements for sure. My angry political rants get more interaction generally but this one was high even for those. The erotic fiction I wrote a few years ago still holds the title for most read. Which led me to making the joke to Brent that my "Fuck this guy" blogs are my most popular, which ever way you want to go with that.

After we laughed, because I'm a funny bitch, we talked about why it seemed to strike a nerve. He did a sliding scale example. A friend of ours who is fairly conservative usually is to the right of Brent and right now on this issue and on the current president as well he has slid left to where Brent normally is. Brent who is slightly conservative has slid left to almost but not quite where I normally would be. I've slid even farther left from my starting point and Christopher even further left from there. We've all moved because of this. Still not the same, farther right and farther left from each other, but away from the current administration and their values for sure.

And if you are paying any attention at least on this issue you should be concerned.

Trump does not have a solid political philosophy and he has no true solid allies. He turns on his friends as easily as he turns on anyone else. Ask Jeff Sessions. He was a boot licker before anyone else was taking Trump seriously and Trump took it as a personal mission to destroy him.

So if you think that sending in federal troops to clear streets is fine and dandy because those libtards deserve it, then you are going to be really shocked when you find out who all Trump thinks deserves it. This is picking up your political enemies territory. This should scare you. All of you.

I have no idea what is going to happen in November if he loses (please let him lose). Not just with him but with his followers. Cult45 is cheering on the federal takeover of "those liberal cities" and celebrating the footage of protesters being gassed. Armed "militias" are showing up to "protect" Confederate statues. No mask mobs are still protesting their right to infect at will. The head of the NY Police Union did interviews with a QAnon mug in the background of his shot.

I just don't know where we are headed or what comes next.

But I do know, from the amount of shares I got yesterday, that at least my friends are on the same page. And that brings me some comfort.

Thank you for being aware. Thank you for being pissed as fuck about it. And thank you for voting.

Also....you know...

Wear your mask.
Keep your distance.
Wash your hands.

I really need you all around in November for the votes. And well...cause I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment