Wednesday, July 15, 2020

It's Been Awhile...

I haven't posted anything political in awhile, which just seems weird for an election year.

But...

Nothing has changed. Since the last cycle I've been firmly in the Blue No Matter Who camp and here I've stayed. I know a lot of people who said they were here. Who would say it over and over again during the primaries. Firmly pledged to it. Right up until their favored candidate dropped out of the race and then they had issues. Now they are trying on Green or Libertarian or just sitting it out.

Fuck you.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.

You were never Blue No Matter Who, you were sure your favorite would win and when that didn't happen you are now Hey Let's Help Trump Win Again.

And I get it, oh I get it. You want to vote for someone who stands for what you want and not just against what you don't. You are so tired of being locked into a two party system. Joe Biden is old. He's a white guy. He has a long and complicated political history. He says things that make you shake your head. The Right has waged a really successful Creepy campaign against him so you now are pretty sure you've always thought he was creepy, which is weird considering you were sharing all of those Uncle Joe memes and Obama/Biden jokes in 2016, but okay....

And honestly he and Trump are pretty much the same. Just like Clinton and Trump were pretty much the same last cycle.

And that's when you just lose me completely.

I was livid last time when Clinton kept getting grouped into the "same" pile as Trump. No. She wasn't. Not at all. You might not have liked her. And I could argue with you as to why. But to tell me she was the same? That it would be the same no matter what? You were wrong then and you should realize it now. You absolutely cannot look at the past few years and think they would have been the same with a Clinton presidency. You just can't. Not with any sort of intellectual honesty.

So yeah, you trying to do it with Biden just lets me know that you only want what you want and you will make any sort of nonsense case to make yourself feel better about it.

Joe Biden is not Donald Trump.

He might not be who you wanted at the start but he is who is there.

He is also a decent human being. Everything we've ever seen about him shows that. It shows he truly cares about people he interacts with. He honestly wants to make the world a better place. Barack Obama trusted him enough to name him his Vice President and that trust never wavered in 8 years. You want to talk about things in his far political past and give lesser weight to his recent past. You want to freeze him at points where he did the wrong thing instead of the right thing. He has both. I get it. He's not perfect.

But he's not Trump.

And right now he is the best shot we have of getting Trump out of office.

Honestly.

Blue No Matter Who was never just a thing I said. I meant it. Blue No Matter Who.

Vote ByeDon

No comments:

Post a Comment