Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Force Choke...

Today is the day that I hit the wall in my experiment to write every day to knock stuff loose.

I have nothing knocking.

I mean I have a few things that I'm grouchy about and those sometimes make a solid rant blog, but I'm not really in the mood to open that can of worms right now.

I still don't have a fully formed fiction idea. So that's just not happening either.

So here I sit with a bright white page staring at me with nothing to fill it with.

So....


Ummm....

Today I worked out, toning day, I really miss having weights but a sit-up, squat, push-up cycle is better than nothing. We are looking at buying a few things and trying to decide where to put them. We turned the room of requirement into a media room so that doesn't really work anymore. Probably will end up taking the futon and chair out of the boot room and turning that into a workout space. Hate to lose the additional guest room but who knows when we will have guests again and honestly the only time both were used was if Skippy and Steph came at once. Normally it's one room needed at a time.

I also went to the grocery store. I'm doing pick up and delivery mostly. Really limiting the times I go into the store. Basically when I've reached the point where I'm out of things and they are also out of things so I'm going to have to do a lot of substitutions, then I go in to the store. But otherwise we've been able to manage with QFC pick up and Amazon Fresh contactless delivery. The pick up you place the order online and they give you a time to pick it up, you call when you get there and they come put it in your trunk. It's a nice service for sure. Harder with fresh produce because I'm usually really picky but right now I don't do the handle it all before I buy anyway I'm doing a you touch it you buy it so this is working. The Amazon Fresh is nice as well, a little more expensive because you are paying for the delivery, but still, that's nice. They just come drop it off at the front door.

Left on the schedule for today: I'm baking a blueberry crisp to use the fresh blueberries before they go bad. I'm making pizza for dinner so I'll need to start the dough in a little bit. So kitchen time. I've been doing a ton more from scratch during the pandemic. All it took was a world wide plague for me to cook. No big. Well except for my ass. That's big. Have I mentioned the comfort eating and that fact that I'm an excellent baker?

I want to get the floors cleaned today as well so after baking I will clean the floors.

Also time to run vinegar through the coffee pot to keep it clean and running well. Yes, I have this on a monthly schedule, don't act like you are surprised.

And I'll read some and work on that monster puzzle some.

Oh...and write. That's on the agenda. And the agenda has become the writing because I have nothing else.

Sorry about that.

Hopefully tomorrow you won't get another to do list. But ugly writing still counts as writing.

Meanwhile our president is on a smear campaign for Dr. Fauci while he retweets old game show hosts for science...

We live in crazy times.

And that's why I'm making a blueberry crisp.

Wear your damn masks
Keep your distance
Wash your hands


No comments:

Post a Comment