Monday, January 29, 2024

New Favorite Sport...

Watching people melt down about Taylor Swift being at football games. 

OH MY GOD THEY ONLY SHOW HER AND TALK ABOUT HER!

I saw a post today that they show her around an all added up total of 2 minutes each time she's at a game. Two minutes spread over 3 hours. Pregame, game, postgame. 

OH MY GOD SHE'S DOING IT FOR PUBLICITY!

Taylor Swift fills stadiums on multiple nights. When her tour comes to a town there is a whole Taylor Economy that happens. SO MUCH MONEY comes in. Her tour, the way the tickets sold, made Ticketmaster change the way they operate. Ticketmaster which has been evil incorporated for decades had to explain why Taylor Swift fans got screwed. In Congressional hearings. 

She doesn't need the NFL or any publicity they might bring her. 

On the other hand, the NFL gets a ratings bump on Chief's games because her fans are watching now. 

Which then lends itself to the conspiracy theorists that claim that the fix was in and that the NFL would guarantee the Chiefs won. Sure...let's ignore that the Chiefs have been monsters on the gridiron for years. If people don't hate the Chiefs because somehow Taylor Swift is ruining their lives they hate the Chiefs because they've been dominant. And I respect that a lot more. I mean we all hated the Patriots by the end of Tom Terrific's run. Right? I mean, except Patriots fans and they just wanted us all to cry more. 

Which is where I am on everyone hating on Taylor Swift. Cry more. 

She's supporting her boyfriend by going to his games. 
Just like he supports her by going to her concerts. 

Just she gets the blame for the camera focusing on her when it does. Even though that's not her choice. And she gets either blamed for being a distraction or a plant or a set up from the NFL to generate news or a she demon after Travis's money. Which I think must be football math. When a billionaire is supposedly gold digging by dating a millionaire. 

Or the really fun ones where daughters and wives are finally watching football, a thing their husbands and fathers have thought for years would be so cool but...THEY'RE DOING IT WRONG so they need to stop. 

I'm not a Swiftie. Her music is fine but it's never really been for me. Always felt too young to really appeal to me for the most part.  A few songs here and there that I like. But I can respect her talent and her connection to her fans. She means a lot to people. There is something there that they love. I have friends who went to her shows last year with their kids and bonded in ways that make me happy deep in my soul. 

I'm not a fan of the NFL anymore. Haven't been for years. But I've seen bits and pieces of the Kelce brothers' podcast and they look like good guys having the time of their lives. What I've seen of the Taylor/Travis relationship (because, yeah, it's pretty unavoidable) they look like they are really enjoying each other's company and are pretty freaking adorable together. I wish them nothing but happiness and genetically superior babies. 

But for right now what I love the most is people melting the fuck down because a pop star, no wait, THE pop star, is dating a football player and suddenly their Mojo Dojo Casa Stadium has girls in it...

Love it. 

Still probably won't watch the Super Bowl, but I'll be here for the meltdowns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment