Tuesday, December 26, 2023

It's Been Two Weeks...

 ..since they stabbed my arm...

Okay, so maybe not a catchy pop tune but, it's been two weeks.

It seems like a lot longer and I have to keep telling myself it's only been two weeks. Mostly because I had really unrealistic expectations. I think I had it in my head that it would work like a cortisone injection, where you get it, it stings and BOOM! it's better. 

This is not that. 

And I think because of the tear he found it's going to be even longer than the 12 weeks he talked about before. I've done some more looking into the process but with tear instead of strain and it could take a year to reach full healing. Which is closer to what the strain was without the injection, the whole reason I opted for the injection, because I didn't want to wait a year.

But I keep trying to tell myself not to get too far ahead of things. It's only been two weeks. And because of the holiday I won't even have my second physical therapy session until the end of this week. It's okay that it still hurts. Hurts worse than the day I got the injection done actually. Though that was a really good day, before the injection. If it had always only hurt that much I wouldn't have gotten the injection done, but that was the problem, some days it was just a little annoying and some days it was super painful. And no days could I actually use that arm to lift heavy things or pull even not so heavy things off of shelves. SO...

It's been two weeks. It's okay. 

I just wasn't prepared for it to take more time. I wanted cortisone quick results with the permanent healing that PRP therapy provides. 

And that's the other part I keep telling myself. Cortisone would have masked the pain, which would have been great, right up to the point that that tear in my tendon became a complete rupture that I had to have surgically repaired. I just have to be patient with this.

Which is so my strong suit. Patience. Especially with injuries and taking it easy. Especially with Brent pulling way more than his share of the work around here because of it. I mean all of that is right up my alley.

Yes, I'm bitching. And no, I'm not really looking for any sort of comfort. I know I'm doing the right thing. I know it will take time. I also know it's only been two weeks. And I know that not everyone even gets the healing from this so I won't really know for a good while more if it worked. I just have to wait it out. 

But sometimes I'm going to bitch about it. 

And for this week at least it will be a blog bitch. Because I can pretend you all are curious as to how it's going since I had the injection and also we are in the last week of 2023 and I'm padding my numbers.

Next year, next year is the no goal year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment