Saturday, December 23, 2023

Christmas Eve Eve...

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

I hope you are finished with the doing part of the holidays and well into the just being part. 

We are on our own this year. Katie came home for Thanksgiving but her girlfriend doesn't celebrate Christmas so they are staying in Bend for this one. 

Not going to lie, it's weird. 

Which it shouldn't really be. It's not like we do much for Christmas. We watch some movies, we get soup dumplings and candy at the mall. We lounge around in soft clothes and have a big meal, like Thanksgiving but with soccer and World Juniors over the holiday instead of The Game. We don't exchange gifts. We don't go to church. It's all very low key. 

But it's still been the three of us for 30 years and this year it's just two. Weird. 

Happy Festivus to me, I guess Katie not coming home counts as my airing of the grievances. 

Oh yeah, another tradition. Festivus jokes. Usually followed by Katie rolling her eyes at Festivus, but it amuses me and her rolling her eyes at things that amuse me has never once stopped me. To be fair, anyone rolling their eyes hasn't stopped me. 

No real Feats of Strength this year. Elbow is still healing, and it's going to take much longer than I had originally thought, so maybe add that to the list of grievances? 

But tonight Brent and I will head out for soup dumplings and some candy shopping and will air some more grievances in the parking lot, I'm sure. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day will find us, where the kitties scheme, we'll be home for Christmas, but only two not three...

No comments:

Post a Comment