Thursday, September 28, 2023

Woo Hoo!

Okay, I was going to write fiction today, and I still might but I needed NEEDED to get this blog post out of the way first. 

This post.

This very one. 

The one you have open on your screen.

This post is the 186th post of the year.

Which makes it the most blog posts I've ever posted in one year.

I know, it's not the goal number for the year. I haven't reached that. But I'm still really thrilled by it. 

And you really should celebrate the small steps that lead you to your goals. 

I have a friend right now in Flight Attendant training and at the end of every week she posts that she's one more week down and how many are left to go. I am so psyched for her every week. Because, yes, her goal is to finish the training (a lot of her fellow potential flight attendants have already been sent home) but to finish the training she needs to finish each week. And each day. Celebrate those steps!

It reminds me of when I was in Weight Watchers, back before they started calling it WW and you got stars for every 5 pounds and 10 pounds and trinkets for percentages and then goal and then weeks at goal and so on. Now, of course, you all know for me it triggered the crazy and I kept going for another 5 pound star but still...CELEBRATE every step on the way to your bigger goals. 

And today I passed what used to be the "Best Year Ever" number. 

Now back to thinking about the fiction I want to post by Saturday...


Maybe a story about a woman who wrote a lot of blogs?

Oh no...I want to write FICTION and I totally did that!

No comments:

Post a Comment