Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Back to School!

It's that time again! Back to school pictures are filling my feed. 

Or I guess it's round two of that time again. 

There are a ton of schools in the States that start in August now so I've had the slow trickle of pictures since the first week of August. But today was full swing. 

It's always weird how other people's children can make you feel older than your own do. I get it, it's because we don't see them everyday so we don't get the gradual aging and changing. We get big jumps in time, holiday, birthday, first day of school. BAM! The little kid from last year is suddenly as tall as Mom. Then BAM! they are taller. And the baby faces are replaced with Oh holy crap that's an adult there looking back at me!

They are the living reminder that the days might be long but the years are fast.

Katie will be 31 this year. That seems a little unreal to me. And there are still times I have to remind myself that she's a full grown adult. This weekend I was asking her questions and making sure she was okay with things going on in her life and you could hear it in her voice, the, "I've got this, Mom. None of your concern." Which, of course, as soon as I heard it I back off and .... Hahahahahaha!! No, no I didn't. I said my piece and then backed off. She might be all grown up but she'll always be my baby in some part of my heart. 

And honestly this was going to be a lot longer but Tig has been a pistol the whole time I've been trying to write so I'm giving up. 

He's three now. 

I keep waiting for that years pass quickly part and him to stop being an ornery kitten....

No comments:

Post a Comment