Saturday, September 30, 2023

Somebody Wake Up Billie Joe...

 And that's the end of September. 

So how did it go?

Still kind of weird to be in the half in half out spot, where I'm finishing out the 2023 goals but already thinking about no goals at all just habits for the next year. BUT...it's where I am so here we go.

Reading: The biography was The Many Lives Of Mama Love by Lara Love Hardin. I've already recommended it to people. Really good. Especially for those of us who are already in the space of understanding that we don't do rehabilitation we do retribution and our justice system often isn't. It gives you such a good, clear, insight into how the system is rigged against success and how any sentence becomes a life sentence.  I wrote about the self help book already and eh. I mean, I'll finish out the year because I'm like that but I think I can safely say it's not an experiment I ever need to repeat.

Overall reading numbers, even with going in and resetting it to a higher number, I'm ahead for the year. So that should be just fine. I think I talked about subbing in the Fantastic Stranglings Horror book club choice for the regular one. I actually did end up getting the regular one on the release day from the library but since that was just Tuesday I would have had to stop what I was currently reading and just read that one, and just read, do nothing else, to get it done by today so I think the sub was the right call. And this way it actually sets me up to not sweat release dates for the rest of the year for her books. This one will be my October book and that puts me ahead. I like to have that cushion. 

Also the sub in was great because Camp Damascus ended up being a great book. Just right in my wheelhouse of truly horrific. 

Writing is still on track. I did the quick post earlier when I passed the highest number of blogs I'd ever written before. I'm still pretty tickled about that. It's a big number, the goal this year, and when I set it there was a voice in the back of my head that was already planning how I would deal with not reaching it. Now it's within grasp. Still a lot of writing left to do, but I can see the end now and that's pretty amazing. Still hitting the blogs here and the bonus piece to Dana every other week, even if I switched to writing prompts for a bit on that one. Though I think, THINK, that the one I'll send her this week will be back to the main story. I started on it and got stuck again so if I can work it out a bit today and tomorrow I might just actually finish a LONG ASS story this year. 

Went ahead and restarted the HRT. Right after I posted about not being sure if I would try the new regimen or not the heat blooms came roaring back. I had forgotten how awful it is to lie in bed as wave after wave of heat washes over you and you can't sleep for shit. So I'm back on hormones. So far they've knocked back out the daytime heat and cut the night time way back. Hopefully by the end of next month it will all be gone again. And, of course, the few pounds that I lost when I went off it came back as well. Oh well. I'd rather have a bit of a belly than no sleep for sure. 

Workouts were super consistent so that was good. I don't think I'll change anything for October, just more of the same for the next month should be good. It's two days of weights, one day of core and at least 2 of cardio but I did cardio 5 days most of the month. I think that will settle out to three days of cardio. That seems to be a good balance. 

No new mini goals (since I'm in that half foot in part) for October. Just keep wrapping up these 2023 numbers. I've got the bio the self help and the Stranglings books already downloaded on my Kindle so that will be smooth sailing as well. 

Enjoy your Fall, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment