Monday, September 19, 2022

Shower Thoughts...

What if we've been lied to our whole lives about mood swings and hormones? Like what if it's not hormonal but that people are idiots and once a month we all reach a point where we are just over dealing with idiots and lash out? Nothing to do with a hormonal dip just dipshits?

Like most of the people in positions we've had to deal with (women around my age and older) have been men and when we are sick of their nonsense and lash out they cannot wrap their heads around the fact that it's them not us so...must be hormones. 

And the women that we were encountering there weren't as many at the time but still some of them were unbearable as well. Men would see a disagreement there and they couldn't blame it on one person's hormones so they either went with "oh they synced up" or "women just can't work together."

When really women work together just fine, but we are full up on your bullshit so we still hit that monthly max and whoever is in front of us gets it.

And that's why some women have really bad mood swings and some women don't seem to have any. It's nothing to do with hormones, just the number of idiots you run into in a day. 

I've discovered as Katie has gone through her journey that a lot of what we think we know about hormones and the body isn't actually true. I've also discovered as my own hormonal shift has been happening that a lot of stuff is tied to hormones that you'd never guess. So it's not that far fetched to me to think this piece has all been a way to protect fragile egos. 

It's not me...it can't be me. Even though I've been an idiot and keep saying stupid things, must be her time of the month. Those crazy hormones!

So yeah...

Just something I was thinking today in the shower while waiting to hear back from the doctor on getting my pills for my own hormone replacement. 


Maybe I'm angry because the world is full of idiots.

Something to think about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment