Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Settling...

Talked to a cabinet guy today. Looks like I can get my bank of cabinets done in January. Maybe sooner if someone drops off the schedule since what I want is really simple. Of course if when I get the estimate tomorrow it's outrageously priced then I will be starting all over. 

Which has kind of been the way things have worked with this house. 

Start with big ideas!

Try and get ANYONE to come give me estimates. 

Finally get an estimate for what I was thinking. 

Realize that my imagination has run wild with Brent's bank account. 

Pare down. 

Pare down again. 

Adjust time estimates for when these things can be done. 

Pare down again. 

And go!

Remember when I thought we'd be all settled in by Fall?

Ha!! 

Oh sweet summer child...

Now it really is looking like Spring of 2023.

A year to settle in. 

A year of settling. 

It's been a good lesson in appreciating what you can have instead of lamenting what you can't. 

It's been a good lesson in the practical application of bigger dreams.

It's been a good lesson in patience. 

It's been...

It's been frustrating and tiring and a little disheartening at times. 

But it will all be great once it's done. And we will barely notice the things we didn't do because of time or money. 

Until we completely remodel in 15 years and THEN we will put in all of the things we will have wished we'd gone ahead and gotten done this time...

But for now we are settling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment