Wednesday, September 14, 2022

How Does Your Garden Grow?

We might get the backyard work started this week. Jorge said they could start Thursday, but experience shows that Jorge says "I can do that now!" and Maria comes back in and says, "I don't know why he said that, he's busy that day, he can do that next week..." I have only heard from Jorge so far so I'm not exactly sure but either way it will start soon!

I also need to get a plan for bulb planting next month. Plus whatever else we want to add out front. 

Our next door neighbors did a TON of planting and their front yard looks gorgeous. So everytime we drive up Brent looks at that and then looks at our plain yard and sighs. We moved in next to the Joneses of Keep Up With fame. 

So right now I'm trying to decide what to plant out front. Jerry (the neighbor with the lovely yard) did warn me that the dirt is AWFUL. Like a half inch of topsoil right into clay so planting isn't going to be easy. He suggested I hire someone to rototill anywhere I want to plant to make it easier on myself. I might ask Jorge about that whenever they start on the backyard.

In fact I could just hire Jorge to add a few more plants to the front as well. 

Why not? It's only money right?

I mean, it's not like I've been lying awake at night adding up all of the extras we've put into the house, and realizing we aren't even close to done yet and telling myself over and over that we are going to be here for 20+ years so it's actually fine to spend this much on things that will make living here really enjoyable and we can afford it as long as Brent doesn't get laid off and the stock market doesn't fall too terribly much more and Civil War doesn't break out and...

*deep breath*

SO...

We also got the concrete sealed on the front and back porches and the driveway (Jerry and Margaret had it done and it just looked so nice). And we have the screening in of the back porch scheduled to start in October. A little late to really enjoy it this year, but we are going to be here for a long time so we will get a lot of use out of it over time. And with it screened in we might get a little table top heater and use it in the winter as well. Who knows?

AND...here is a giant step! I got a cabinet company to call me back! And we might get an actual estimate next week. AND if that all happens we can get on their schedule for...JANUARY! Holy. Shit. But again...going to be in this house for 20+ years so getting them in January and paying whatever extravagant price they are going to cost will be fine...really. 

That will only leave that giant blank wall in the living room. Trying to decide if we are changing out the living room furniture for the media room and getting new living room stuff or if we just get new media room stuff. Oh and new towels and some area rugs and...

*deep breath*

So how does my garden grow?

In fits and starts between positive, This is so great to get the house the way we want it! and OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS IS TOO MUCH MONEY! HOW ARE WE SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY?

I'm thinking crocus, daffodils, maybe some iris....



No comments:

Post a Comment