Friday, June 10, 2022

Busy....

I keep intending to come in to the office and write. I mean that has been the plan for June. Dedicate a few hours every day to writing. Fiction or nonfiction, doesn't matter. Just get some words on the screen. And how easy to do it! I've got time, especially right now because Brent is in Europe and I'm here. 

But here it is, Friday, and it's the first time all week I've made it in the office to write. And it's 4:15 on Friday so not exactly my mid morning session I was thinking. 

It's just been really busy lately. The kind of busy where you take one thing off your list and add two more. 

For instance...

We decided to do a custom build on the main bedroom closet. They let me know that they could come yesterday morning to install them. Great! That's a thing off the list. But then I needed to empty the closet out so they could build the new system. Then after they got the new system installed I needed to patch and paint the spots in the closet where the old hardware had been. So today I was going to load everything back in. But I'm changing out to the velvet hangers, pulled them out to use and realized they are shedding little black fuzz everywhere so they all need to be rinsed and then hung to dry. Take one thing off the list, add in a few more. 

I ordered some decorative pillow covers for the new bedding. One of them has been on a really late delivery delay. I didn't want to order any others until I got that one to see how it matched. Finally got it today! Yay, now I can order the others to match it. But wait, it's the wrong size. And they don't have the smaller size anymore (my guess as to why it took so long and they ended up sending me the wrong size) so I have to pack it back up and set up a return. Which I will now need to take to Fed-Ex, along with a trip to UPS to return something else and to Macy's to return the horrible dress that looked so cute on the model...

Take a thing off. Add in a few more.

I had big plans for everything that I was going to get done while Brent was gone, and in the grand scheme I will have gotten a lot done, I've already gotten a lot done, but most of it will be behind the scenes stuff so he won't be able to tell I've gotten a lot done. And if you don't get credit for doing things does it even count?

He is going to be gone another week. I'm already out of half of my time and starting tomorrow I will add in visiting Otto and Vastra while their people are gone. And now, that doesn't really take a ton of time, but it chops up the day and encourages me to be lazy because, "I can't start that now, I need to leave soon."

But so far I've had the living room curtains installed, I've gotten an estimate for garage insulation, I've scheduled a repair for the treadmill, the bedroom closet has been installed, I've given away the racks from the old closet, given away the cat food the cats are too picky to eat, given away the side tables we don't need anymore (or at least I'm pretty sure I've given them away, she hasn't picked them up yet, but I am hoping), the blinds for the back half of the house are scheduled to be installed Monday, the estimate for the backyard landscaping is set up for Thursday, I have a couple pieces of furniture coming from Wayfair tomorrow and Tuesday that should finish out the office, I'm planning on building the new garage shelves this weekend and getting that wrapped up and...

Oh yeah, I need to mow again. 

Joy. 

Take a thing off the list, add two more. 

But at least I finally sat down and put some words on the screen. Hopefully I'll do that a few more times this month as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment