Sunday, October 15, 2023

Kid Stuff...

Katie's second game comes out this Friday. The embargo on the reviews lifts tomorrow so we will see what the critics think of it. It's very cool.

First off because her name in the credits will be her name this time. Her other game credit is under the other one, so to have a game credit under Katie Mastenbrook is very cool. Things like your name being your name are a big deal. 

Second because she's really proud of this game. She wasn't a fan of the last one in a lot of ways. And when it came out her worst fears about the type of people that would end up really liking it were realized and that sort of soured her on it as well. She was proud of the work she did. And she was excited to have a AAA game out there but...

There isn't any of that residual feeling about this one. She has enjoyed her co-workers, she has enjoyed the process, she is proud of the work and her name, HER name is in the credits. I'll be posting more about it all week I am sure. 

We talked about holidays today as well. She and Slushy and Amber will be coming up for Thanksgiving. When we talked about it I said, "I'm assuming we are seeing how Thanksgiving goes before Christmas is decided?" and yes, that's part of it. Which I understand. It will be the longest we've all been together. Katie's two families. And holidays are always a little stressful anyway. And we aren't really the traditional holiday celebrators. For instance we don't do gifts on Christmas. We have traditions, meals we eat, movies we watch, but we don't do the "normal" holiday type things. So if you are expecting your holiday to go a certain way, it won't. 

And I'm the main character in this house. 

I say that sort of joking, but also knowing it's true. Brent does a lot to make sure my world runs the way I like it to run. And, obviously, in Katie's house I am not the main character. So if our running and their running don't mesh well it could be tense. We will see how it goes. 

But for this year at least I will have my family all together for Thanksgiving. 

And Katie's new game comes out this week.

Even with a sore elbow it's a pretty good weekend. 

Even when you are old and your kids are grown they are still your kids and your wishes for them are the same. Happy, healthy and come visit often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment