Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Shiplap...

"You really think so?"

"I do. Shiplap takes care of everything. People love shiplap."

"Okay, but that's really just covering up the problem."

"Yeah...which is what we want to do. That was the whole point in buying a house to flip; cover up the problems and sell it for more than we bought it for. Right?"

"Well, I was thinking to fix it up and sell it."

"Same thing really."

"Is it though?"

"It is. I mean look at this, we are going to put shiplap on it. Just like whoever was here before put plain wood paneling over it. I would imagine there are a few layers of paint as well. But trust me, the shiplap is a great idea."

"But even though we are going to make it look better, don't we have to tell someone about it?"

"No. We will sell it 'as is' no disclosures needed, thank you Arizona libertarians!"

"But I mean the 'as is' will tip people off though right?"

"To this? You think anyone coming in here is going to be looking for this? Under the shiplap? Look, it's going to look great. Everything is going to look great. New paint, new fixtures, change out the flooring. It's going to look amazing and with the market the way it is? No way to lose."

"Then why sell it 'as is' anyway? I mean if we are going to fix it up, then we could just sell it without the disclaimer."

"Well, yeah, I guess, but why would we? I mean, we found this, what's here that we haven't found? I mean, we got a really good price on the place and a big part of that was we bought it..."

"As is."

"Exactly."

He stepped back and took another look at the wall. The pentagram was bubbled like it had been burned in to place and the words were clearly carved into the sheetrock.

"Should we at least translate what it says?"

"Oh fuck no...SHIPLAP."

"Shiplap."

No comments:

Post a Comment