Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Summer Diet...

No, not calories, social media. 

I think I'm going to go on a social media diet for July and August. I was thinking about it earlier today, it sort of dovetails with the self help book I'm reading for June. I thought about just dropping off completely but I have a friend traveling in July and I would miss her pictures and they are always so cool and colorful and I'd regret not seeing them and she's going to be gone the whole month so I'd just miss her period. So I thought maybe I'd just be a stalker with no interactions. But that seems weird. 

So instead I'm working out a taper in July and then I think maybe a full break in August . Summer vacation. Summer diet. 

Not sure exactly what I'm going to set for parameters, but I've got a few days to lock it down. Right now I'm thinking for July, at least, I will post links to the blog on my Facebook blog page and I will post photos on Instagram. I won't post new content except for the photo links on Facebook, but I will comment on things I'm looking at. Then in August I'm thinking I'll just shut down both programs altogether. I'll keep writing blogs and posting them but you'll have to go to the blog page itself to see new content. Or maybe I'll just repeat the lighter posting from July. 

That's the thought right now anyway. Who knows if I'll follow through or not. 

But I think it feels right to do it. 

I actually thought about just starting right now, but I'm not done with the Pride posts and you know how I am about being a completist. (I've just recently gotten to the point where I can put a fiction book down if it's not enjoyable, and even then I feel a little weird about it.) Especially since it's Pride posting and I also feel like if you know something you should share it. And with all of the bullshit around the LGBTQIA+ community right now I feel an even bigger drive to post something interesting, positive, helpful, supportive, informative, or at least a scream into the void about it this year. 

So instead I'll ruminate for the next ten days, or completely forget until sometime mid July where I'll go...oh that's right I was going to do...

Which is why I'm doing this blog. Write it down, make it stick. Get prepared. All that jazz.

And also because I didn't write yesterday and needed to get something up today, that whole completist thing again. 

So, anyway...I'm thinking about a diet. Seems like a good idea today. But who knows by tomorrow social media might all look like chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment