Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Seriously...

So one of my focuses for July was to write more and as it's the 14th and this is my 5th blog you can see how that's going. Brent's been out of town for four days and it would have been just the perfect time to sit down and crank out a ton of words because there was nobody else in the office that I would be bugging or would be bugging me but...

Honestly sometimes I don't even know what to do with myself. 

Brains are such weird things. 

We do it to ourselves all the time. Only want to shop when we don't have the extra money or nothing is the right size. Make huge future plans for ourselves only to think "nah" when the times comes to do them. The disconnect between planning Denise and daily life Denise is so vast I don't think they even know each other!

I know what part of my problem is. I'm working on something that isn't going to go up on the blog, at least for now, and I'm at a point where the next part I want to write, I also don't want to write. So it's jamming up the works. I need to just sit down and crank it (and the three sections after that that are waiting) out and free up the flow. But again, planning Denise knows that is what needs done, daily life Denise is like...yeah...but maybe not today. 

What else was I going to do while Brent was gone?

A lot of cleaning. The house is clean but it's not CLEAN you know? I was going to do a lot of the noisier cleaning things that I can't really do while he's working and I don't want to do on the weekend when he isn't. So those were going to get done...but you know...it's a hassle. And the cats are in the way. And really, with the cats things are only going to look clean for about a minute anyway before there are cat prints on everything and tumble weeds of cat fur rolling past so...

I mean, what is it with the cat fur? I know George shed. I can remember finding black cat hair in the fridge and freezer and thinking what the actual fuck, dude? But I swear with these two it's a constant losing battle. I run the sweeper almost daily and I still cannot even come close to keeping up. There is a fine layer of cat hair on EVERYTHING. Maybe it's just the switching to wood floors instead of having carpet like we had with our other cats but it seems like there is just so much more cat fur!

And add to all of that the cats have been super pains in the butt while he's been gone. They are needy and whiney. When Tig is upset he gets into and onto everything. Climbs the fridge to the top of the cabinets, which he then needs to be gotten down from, which is a whole production considering even standing on our countertops I can barely reach him up there...

It amuses him. And gets him all of the attention. 

Tux waits until night time. Then he wants attention. And apparently he wants it from both of us because he gets some petting from me then mrrowows his way all over the house looking for Brent. It would be sweet if it weren't 2 AM. 

And I really do need to do some major closet and pantry sorting and I thought it might be a good time to do that. But what I really need is a time where Brent is home and the cats are travelling...They are not as good at helping sort things as they think they are. 

But all isn't lost I did finish a couple of books I was working through. And I finished a season of Ink Master that I have been in the middle of for about 4 years. Our cable package changed one year at about episode 5 and we lost the channel it was on. Paramount+ is streaming it now so I went back and picked it up. I should have let it be. I am not happy with who they chose for part of the winning team. It was wrong. Like objectively and clearly wrong. Art is subjective, but blown out lines in a tattoo are forever and....

Brent comes home tonight, or tomorrow considering I just got a text from him that his flight has been delayed so it will probably be after midnight by the time he gets here. But he's home tomorrow. So today is the last day to crank through EVERYTHING I was going to do over 5 days. Which...well...


At least it motivated me to sit down and write something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment