Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Uh Oh...

I'm feeling like maybe I've made a terrible mistake. 

It's been a long time since we've had kittens. 

Like 19 or 20 years? 

I'm looking around my house and seeing how it is set up for two people with no kids and no pets.

I'm thinking about my life after the virus clears and wondering if I've jumped the gun.

But we have talked for a couple years now about getting another pet. 

We talked about a dog for awhile. But it rains a lot here during the winter. And sometimes it ices up. And we have no yard. And when I don't want to go out I don't want to go out and dogs aren't down with that. And then we found out that Christopher doesn't really care for dogs (he's been bitten multiple times, you can't really blame him) and that settled that. We don't ever want our house to be someplace he's not comfortable. 

So then we were back to cats. We've loved all of our cats. The ones we had as kids and the ones we've had as adults. Well, we've loved all but one of our cats. There was one that was not lovable. But one out of a dozen isn't bad. 

Then I think about sleep. I have a hard time with sleep and kittens don't really help that. 

And our house is not at all set up for blocking off areas for slow exploration. I'm going to look at the cardboard in the garage and see if I can make some temporary barriers. Which will work for a little bit with kittens. 

Right?

I mean I think kittens don't jump as high as cats do. 

If I'm remembering correctly. 

But it's been like 20 years since we've had kittens. 

I'm not sure if I haven't just made a terrible mistake. 

But a fluffy one. 

Or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment