Friday, August 14, 2020

Just A Day...

 Having kittens is exhausting. 

Four AM wake up this morning the first time. I got them settled back down and asleep again after about 45 minutes. I think Brent was able to sleep for most of that time. Then they were awake again close to 6. Okay, fine we'll get up. But first Tux peed the bed. 

What the fuck, dude?

It's actually the second time he's done it. 

And then the third while I was showering. 

And then on the bathroom rug next to his litter box. 

And that's on top of Tig last night and this morning being in too big of a hurry to get back to playing and stepping in his own poop and getting little poopy cat paw prints everywhere.

Tux seems healthy but we've moved the vet appointment up from Tuesday to Sunday (when they could see him, and they aren't super worried so we are trying not to be). And I went and bought the Kitten Attract litter to see if we can fix the behavior. 

And people in the UPS store weren't social distancing or paying attention to the big only 5 customers in the store at one time. And there were a couple of people fighting about wearing masks outside of Walgreens (they were there together and one of them didn't want to wear a mask and the person they were with was telling them they had to wait in the car then). And I'm pretty sure I need to wreck a friendship because I've made the commitment not to just ignore the unpleasant shit, but I am so tired and so on edge that I cannot see a way to do it calmly. 

And...

Oh yeah...

Last year today was the last time I spoke to my mother and I'm still not positive that she knew who I was at the time. 

Grief is a real bitch. It makes good days bad and hard days feel impossible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment