Monday, September 30, 2019

September Recap!

Here we go...somebody wake up Billie Joe because September is ending...

It took me most of the day to get around to writing this one up. It's hard to write about where I am with my goals when I KNOW where I am and I know that it's not looking good for October either.

There is a part of me that feels like I have the perfect excuse to just stop. I mean, I've already decided that next year is a no goal year, so why not just get it going now. I mean, I have a REALLY good excuse to call it quits early. Nobody would blame me right?

Yeah...no...that's not how I do. So instead I will keep looking at those goals and thinking they might very well slip away, but at least I will be watching them go and finishing out the year doing what I set out to do. Or not doing it, but at least still giving it a shot. Or not. I mean...who knows where 2019 is going to end up...

ANYWAY...

Fitness/Weight! This one was shot all to hell before anyway so it's really kind of a placeholder. I mean, I said I wanted to lose 10 pounds and I discovered that with watching what I was eating and making sure I hit the gym super consistently 5-6 days a week my weight had climbed about a pound. So between August and then carryover into September where we even took a little time off from the gym and slept in (insomnia and such) my weight bumped up a little bit more and now in that 10 pounds to lose I'm at 12. Woo! GO me! I will get back to being fierce when I get back to it. For now I just can't be bothered. So instead of around 25 gym visits last month I had 12. Instead of no sugar during the week I had mostly no sugar during the week. It was also the quarterly measurements yesterday and I can report that the extra weight is being distributed exactly where all of the information about menopause and weight gain said it would go, so that's cool...

Reading! Remember last month when I was 4 ahead for the year? Well here's the really interesting thing with Kindle, if you don't pay attention to the book information you have no idea how long a book is. They all weigh the same in cyberspace... Picked up a REALLY long book and now I'm one ahead for the year. Oops! At least I had the cushion right? Read the next Discworld and am actually on to the next next one of that so that's great. And the main Discworld one for September was a Witches story and those are my favorite so it was a joy.

Writing! Didn't hit the monthly goal (this will be 13 instead of 14) but again, I have a cushion there so I'm still ahead. Wrote a quick fiction piece and a piece of piece so I'm on track there as well. Found my submission for the last quarter just need to write something to submit. And also got the rejections from my last two submissions. One of them was for the rhyming poem that I knew wasn't good when I submitted, but wanted to submit that time period so did. The other I was actually kind of put out about. It was a flash contest and I put in two pieces, both of which I thought were really solid. They were older pieces of mine and just needed a little paring down to fit the word count. I would have been okay with them not being selected until I read the winners. Just not my cup of tea. I mean, it was dirt in a cracked cup so I'm not sure whose cup of tea it was but...

MasterClass! Did Paul Krugman's class on economics this time. It was pretty interesting. Also realized that I signed up last year in December so even though my thought was one a month for 2019 they are still going to end my subscription in early December! Whoops! So what I did was pick the last three classes that I want to take and I will just work my way through them. I started October's class last week, for example. Hopefully I will finish the last one around the first day of December or so, and that class will be my December class. Even if it was mostly done in November. Twelve classes is basically the same as one a month. Same. Same.

Museum/Attraction! This is one where I am giving myself a bit of a break. The Detroit Institute of the Arts is doing a program where they have some pieces in the Detroit Airport. When we flew back from Michigan I wandered around the terminal and looked at those pieces. I thought to myself, this counts as my museum, then sort of talked myself out of it, but then back into it when I came down with a cold and decided against going to see the Darcelle exhibit last weekend. I'll save that for October and the DIA in DIA  counts! I did make the effort to walk all over to see them...I'm sticking with that as being good enough.

Long Term! I went with Brent's suggestion and didn't sort the kitchen gadgets, but I did pick out a new kitchen table. I won't order it until October because the salesperson was very helpful in letting me know it was going to go on a better sale but I'm counting that as pretty much done. Long term list item checked off!

Next month's extra goals are to:
Write the piece for submission
Order the Kitchen Table
See the Darcelle Exhibit
Get Through it.

Seriously...that's the last goal I wrote down in my calendar as I planned for October, get through it. We have a Michigan game this weekend for Christopher's birthday and we are meeting up with the cousins for that as well so that should be fun. Then a week off. Then New Mexico for the funeral. It's going to be there on my calendar glowing like a warning light.

October Goals:
Get through it.

Then November is smooth sailing...

Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment