Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Grrr....

Such a bad mood.

That's me.

I'm in SUCH a bad mood.

I've had a low grade cold for almost a week. It's like the slow roll illness. Started out with a little congestion and just really tired. I told Brent it was like a "rather not" of a cold. I wasn't unable to do things, I'd just rather not. Then we added a little more congestion. Then a little bit of chest heaviness. Then a headache. Still nothing major, but just an overall blah.

My period came. AGAIN. This make four months in a row and right back off the YAY! MENOPAUSE IS ALMOST DONE to ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS?? And the last couple times it's come it's been pretty much symptom free. Not this time. I've got the bloating and cramping and breast tenderness of a woman in my peak fertile years...yay? And, oh yeah, the mood. I'm assuming it's adding to the mood. Maybe not. Who the fuck knows at this point?

And I don't think it's making me crankier than normal but the political scene coupled with my crankiness is making it more challenging not to yell at people online.

Seriously...

Greta Thunberg is a 16 year old who is motivated to try and make a change in her and OUR world. This is something we should be applauding. Instead I see adults who have done NOTHING with their own lives belittling her. What the actual fuck is wrong with you? Does she make you feel that insecure? Try being inspired instead. I mean, get a group of your peers together to spark a movement and speak to the UN on how all of this sciency stuff makes you feel bad about your oversized pick-up which is supposed to make you feel nothing but compensated over your undersized dick.

Our Executive branch...god where do we start? Ukraine? Barr trying to get other countries to investigate OUR OWN AGENCIES? Or the fact that Republicans are busy explaining why this is all cool, cool, cool. I mean...honestly.

And I get it. Saying, "hey, you know what, maybe Trump was a mentally unstable manchild who has no limit to his narcissism all along" is a tough thing to do. It means someone else was right. And that's a tough pill for a lot of people to swallow. But try it. It's really freeing.

Not just admitting that Trump is unfit, but the whole owning up to mistakes, or errors, or just general gaps in knowledge. It's great. Especially the admitting you don't know everything.

You learn a lot from people if you say to them, "I don't know this thing that you know, will you tell me about it?" They don't point and laugh, "HA! HA! I'm smart and you aren't!" They get all proud and excited to share what they know. People love sharing things they know about. It's true. And when people know that you are good at saying, "I don't know" when you do say, "I know this" they know that you know, you know?

And trust me, I know a lot of people out there that think I never admit to not knowing things. That I'm really bad at it. But it's because I know a lot of things. (insert a wink here) Seriously, I do know an odd collection of things. But there are a lot of things I don't know. And there are a lot of areas about things I do know about that I don't know as well. Just last night Brent asked me about the significance of the Star of David, I'm his go to for religion questions, and I had to tell him, I really didn't know. I knew it was a Jewish symbol, but not what the significance was, or how it came into use. Like you know what the cross stands for in Christianity, but where did the star come from? (Google session today)

But it didn't make Brent think, "Oh my god! I'm married to an idiot!" Or if it did, he didn't say it outloud because he's not stupid and, as I mentioned, I've been in a really bad mood.

So yeah, I'm in a really bad mood.
I'm waiting to feel better.
I'm waiting for the fog to lift.
I'm waiting for people to finally understand that Trump is a bad guy and nothing is worth voting for him again in 2020. (HA! Like his base gives a shit about him being a bad guy)
I'm waiting...

Because at this point I'm tired of myself.

I'm tired of being sick.
I'm tired of being cranky.
I'm tired of being sad. (though I know that one is going to come and go for a long time)
I'm tired of not being done and in menopause.
I'm tired of missing my motivation.
I'm tired of...

Ummm...

Listing out things that I want to just get over already.

Okay. That's over with.

Tomorrow will be better.

I mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment