Monday, July 25, 2022

Wisdom for the Ages...

I had my annual wellness check today. When I got home Brent asked how it went. I said fine, that I'm in really good health. He laughed at that..."says the woman in the wrist brace elevating her arm."

Okay, sure, except for my four fastest ships...

And in a way it is crazy for me to talk about being really healthy in a year where I've spent literal thousands at various doctors. I've been examined, biopsied, ultrasounded, blood tested, x-rayed...but all of the tests and scans have come back fine. Dr. McCormack even let me know today that there is a chance when I see my orthopedic doctor on Wednesday he is going to say that it was a false positive read on the x-ray and I don't have a bone chip.

I'm pretty healthy overall.

So why the giant jump in medical costs?

Because I'm old.

And that's this week's theme.

Aging.

Won't that be fun, kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment