Friday, July 22, 2022

Contagious...

 "It's your fault."

"Mom, honestly, we covered this. It's nobody's fault."

"Not your divorce. What I've done. You made me think about being happy and what I needed to do to get some happy back."

"What? You aren't leaving Dad?"

"Oh don't be silly. I don't have the time or the patience to teach another man how to be a good lover."

"Mother!"

"What? Your mother has orgasms, deal with it. Your father is an excellent lover but it took a lot of coaching to get him there."

"I don't want to hear this!"

"Even putting aside his considerable skills in the bedroom, he's a lovely man. And aren't you the one who said divorce wasn't like the flu?"

"It's not contagious, but you said this was my fault so what have you done?"

"What have you done; so dramatic."

 "You are enjoying this aren't you?"

"Maybe a little."

"Okay, let's start again. What is my fault?"

"Me realizing that I did focus entirely too much on being a wife and mother and not at all on what I needed."

"Oh. Okay."

"And I'm going to do something about it. I can't change the past but I can start now doing something just because it makes me happy."

"That's great, Mom."

.....

"This is all your fault."

"Dad? Hello to you too."

"Hello. Did you want to explain yourself?"

"I'm not sure what I've done."

"Your mother is carrying on about finding something to make her happy. I thought I made her happy!"

"Oh trust me, you do."

"Then why is she saying that you made her realize she wasn't happy? Is this about your divorce? Is she planning on divorcing me? They say those things are contagious you know."

"No, Dad, she's very happy with you. We just talked about how she should find something for herself. Like music or teaching, the things she liked to do before she married you and had children."

"You suggested music or teaching?"

"I did. What did she choose?"

"Skydiving."

"Skydiving?"

"Yes. And she wants me to do it with her!"

"Really?"

"Yes, she says it would be bonding and that it would make her happy and that you said being happy was the most important thing. It's not you know, people who are happy all the time are pathological."

"I've heard that before."

"This is all your fault."

"I've heard that too."


No comments:

Post a Comment