Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Fault Lines...

"First off, I think we can all clearly state that it was not my fault. I think as soon as we are all really comfortable with that then it will be easier to get to the bottom of the situation."

"Ma'am, normally that's something we decide."

"Well, I know. But you weren't saying it and I felt like it should be said out loud, not just implied so everyone knew that it was not my fault."

"If you know it's something we usually say, and yet we are not saying it, don't you feel like that means something?"

"It could mean you might be new on the job, or under a lot of stress or just having a really bad day, I don't know, but I try to make sure and give grace to people when they forget the common niceties."

"That's very generous of you..."

"I know, right? People just forget to be decent to each other. Cut everyone some slack, right? So I'm not going to make a big deal out of you forgetting to say that it wasn't my fault and just make sure it's been said and we all agree and then we can move on like the friends we are."

"Friends?"

"Okay, maybe we aren't friends just yet, but I like to think that every new acquaintance is a future friend. So, friend, now that we know we are going to be friends and we know that it wasn't my fault, we can get to work."

"I'm not sure that we do know all of those things."

"Okay, maybe I am rushing it just a little on the friend part. You're right. People have told me in the past that I can come on a little strong, so how about we just table that piece for now? But trust me, I will bring it up in the future! I'll be all 'remember when you didn't know if we would end up friends?'"

"Ma'am, if we can get back to business here."

"Absolutely! So, we know it wasn't my fault what else do you need to know? But can I just hear you say it before we go on. Because it seems like you haven't said it yet, and it's starting to get harder to write it off to you having a bad day, you know? It just seems a little rude at this point."

"Ma'am..."

            


No comments:

Post a Comment