Monday, November 1, 2021

November!

Quick post to keep up my posting on the first day of the month streak. 

Last month things moved along nicely. I am basically at the goal for the weight I wanted to lose with two months to spare. I'm 9 books away from reading as many books as I wanted to. I've got one more Discworld to read. I'm about 20 blogs short of writing with half of those needing to be fiction. I actually got a fiction piece submitted and have some leads for a couple of others. I'm within striking distance of everything is basically what I'm saying. 

Which is where I should be for November. 

So as long as (KNOCK ON ALL THE WOOD) things don't fall to shit I should be good for my weird and exceptionally long list of 2021 goals. 

Nice.

November's extra challenge is around positive posting. Trying to not post negative things this month. 

Now, I don't actually think I'm a huge negative poster but I do at times and I'm trying to shift what I take in so I decided I should try to shift what I put out as well.

It will be a huge challenge this month. From the silly (sports) to the serious (Supreme Court cases) to the surreal (January 6 investigations) there is a lot that really is begging for just some vicious take down snark. 

But...

I will leave it to others. 

I hope.

Like I said, I didn't really think this one through when I decided to do it. Which happens to me all the time when I'm setting goals. I'm more of an aspirational deal with the details later sort of goal setter. 

Also I have an idea for a short story around Day of the Dead celebrations but not sure I'll have time to write it today so it will be the November 2 celebration. Taking the full holiday this year. 

And with that mentioned I need to finish up our remembrance dinner prep. Didn't make an ofrenda (still don't trust Tig) but I did plan a meal that has some fun honoring moments for each of our parents. And totally fun eating for us as health food isn't really in the cards for this right? 

Pizza for Jack.
Margarita for Ann.
Chocolate covered peanuts for Ruby.
Candy orange slices for Marshall. 

Sweets, pizza and booze for us. It all works out. 

¡Feliz Día de los Muertos!

No comments:

Post a Comment