Thursday, February 25, 2021

Not Behind But...

I'm not behind, yet, but I'm not making any progress yet either so...

I think I am going to do a Forced March Fiction Month starting next week.

Get it? Because I call it a force choke of words when I'm trying to blow out the dust and next month is March so...Forced MARCH?? Oh my goodness...this is the good stuff you have to look forward to! I am so freaking funny!

Anyway...

So what does that mean? 

It means that I am going to find like 10-15 prompts and write. I need to get those juices flowing again. Writing fiction takes a different mindset and I have gotten away from it. It needs time spent in my head chasing conversations and ideas and honestly the past year I haven't had the space for that. Or the inclination. One of those. But I want to encourage that to start up again. I want to start the flow of words. 

So forcing them works for me. 

It might not make great reading for you, but sometimes it does. Or at least you all lie sweetly to me and tell me that it does. 

So what kind of stories are you craving? Keeping in mind that it will be me writing them so your idea might end up a fun house mirror version of what you were originally thinking...

Do you have any words you really like that you don't think are getting enough use? Like I love the word fruition. If someone uses it organically in a sentence I assume we are going to end up best friends. 

Do you have any characters that I've written about that you wonder about now? I can't promise they will come play again, but maybe? 

Yes, all of that really looks like I'm making you do half the work for me but you know what they say...half shared is half done. So basically I'm already farther ahead than I would have been. I mean I will be when you get your shit together and do your part...

Just kidding...

Sort of.

I mean, I will take whatever help you can offer and I will do some internet searches for good prompts as well and hopefully I'll be ready to go by Monday. The first step of a Forced March Fiction Month! #fmfm


No comments:

Post a Comment