Wednesday, July 31, 2019

July Recap!

Here we are again...more than half way through the year.

Fitness/Weight! So when I last left you I had just purchased the Fitbit and was adding in a lot more walking to hit those 8000 steps and 3 miles a day. I had lost 2 pounds for the month and I was down about the same for the year. I kept at it this month, my normal 5-6 days at the gym plus an additional 5 days hitting 8000 steps and....I gained almost a pound. So...yeah. I'm done. I mean it. I'll still track until the end of the year because I set it as a goal but I'm done expecting to budge off of this zone. I also hit the day I had put in my planner awhile ago to be honest about my clothes hoard and get rid of anything that didn't fit. No more somedaying this will fit or god forbid this might fit againing. And it all went away. Five full bags. Everything I own fits now. I need to go in for a new bra fitting, just ordered a couple in my normal size and they don't fit so that's obviously changed as well, but then I will have only things that fit. Working out to keep healthy. Eating for health. Not expecting that number to budge.

Reading! Can you believe it? I'm four books behind. I swear I am going to catch up soon! Right? I have to. For the Discworld piece it was The Hogfather which actually worked out really well. It's a Christmas story and so I had Christmas in July.

Writing! Crazy enough, after posting this I will have hit my needed average number for the month to keep on track. So I'll still be four ahead for the year. I was pretty sure I was going to miss that this month but a last minute brain dump caught me back up. Fiction I FINALLY finished that multipart story so that was great. It also kept me ahead for the year. I still need to get one last submission in for the year so I'll focus on that next month. Got the rejection for the last round so that's always a banner day...The goal was submissions not acceptance...blah blah blah woof woof...

MasterClass! I took one on political campaigns by Karl Rove and David Axelrod. Really interesting. You can see who is the democrat and who is the republican even if you didn't know going in. Sometimes stereotypes are there for a reason. Trying to decide if I do Joyce Carol Oates or Penn and Teller next month. I had been going to go with Penn and Teller just for a fun one but Joyce Carol Oates is a master at short stories so I'm not sure I can wait to hear her. I'll decide by morning.

Monthly Museum/Attraction! Brent and I did the Shanghai Tunnels tour in Portland over the Fourth of July. It was super interesting. Not just because all of the stories around Shanghai Tunnels are not true, but that was a big part of it for me. I love finding out that things we were all sure we knew we really didn't know at all!

Long Term! Finally hung the pictures in the basement and I got curtains for the dining room window. Ahhh....

So what's up for next month?

BIRTHDAY MONTH!

Get your cake and compliments ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment