Monday, July 29, 2019

Fifteen Minutes...

I'm way behind this month for my blog count. It's a problem because I'm heading into the time of year where I tend to have less time to write. I was hoping to have a big padded number by the end of July and instead I'm going to be dipping in to my meager reserves to stay on pace. Whoops.

So here I sit with fifteen minutes before I need to head out the door again and I am writing. (Imagine me singing I'm writing, I'm writing, I have no ideas but I'm writing, like Elf sings I love you to his father when they meet)

I could write about the fact that I remember when a mass shooting with 3 dead and 12 wounded would be all my newsfeed covered all day. Instead it's barely a blip. But I swore I was done after Sandy Hook. There is no point.

I could write about the fact that the President once again tweeted something vile. But that's so hard to keep up with, I mean I could write about the latest awful thing he said and by the time I posted the blog there would be a different thing out there. There is no point.

I could write about the upcoming Democratic Debates, but I think I'm the only one watching at this point. And really I shouldn't even bother watching either. I mean, it's too many people. But for the handful that I think are going to make it through I really want to see them. And for the others I want to see if they are the future, or maybe cabinet potentials, or please oh please viable Senate candidates. But nobody else is interested in 24 candidates. There is no point.

I could write about cooking this week. But I'm already bored with it and I haven't even really started... I swear it feels like there is no point.

I have a start for a short story, but it's just a start. Two lines really. And I don't think they are going to go anywhere. Say it with me...there is no point.

Seeing the trend here?

I have no point to make that I haven't already tried to make a thousand times.
I have no clear idea of what I want to say that hasn't been said.
I have no story I want to tell.
I'm sort of adrift right now.

Not bad adrift. Don't worry, it's not like a few years ago when I was just lost. It's just adrift right now like, I don't know what I want to do with the rest of the year. Writing wise. Blogwise. I feel like I've said everything I have to say on subjects and I'm not sure if I just keep repackaging them around current events or if I just say, well...that's done.

It's frustrating. I know it will pass, it always does, but it's so frustrating when it's here. Because if I don't write I start to get a little buggy. Or buggier. But if I have nothing so say (see this blog) then I worry that I am treading on your goodwill as a reader. I really do cherish the three of you that read my things. So...today I feel pointless and driftless and talentless and...

Oh yeah, I got the latest rejection for submissions. I bet that has nothing to do with any of this...

And TIME!

Whew...





No comments:

Post a Comment