Tuesday, February 1, 2022

February and I'm iFit but not IFIT iFit....

Okay so...

I've posted stories about my iFit workouts and my love of getting those challenge magnets and the trainers that bug the snot out of me and the ones that I really like and now we add the community...

Facebook recommended an iFit group to me. It's The Official iFit Drinking Group. They work out to have the calories to drink. Super funny. And the posts are mostly in line with that. Here is what I did for my workout today and here is my drink. They seem light hearted and kind of funny. I joined even though I'm not a big drinker. 

While reading their posts I discovered there is an official iFit group too. The Official iFit Member Page. Well okay then. I had already been following the just plain old iFit page to get updates about upcoming challenges and such, but this page seemed to have a lot more information so I went ahead and joined it as well. 

Wow. The people on that page are a LOT. Like a LOT. They are posting their finished workouts and the goals they've reached and there are more than a few people that have already done 100 workouts for the year. 

One Hundred. 

Thirty one days in. 

What??

I was like, that's crazy! Then...the 300 Workouts Done people started flowing in. 

TEN WORKOUTS A DAY?? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?

Now, due to the "I bet you cheated by...." people who posted I know there are a lot of ways to get credit for a lot of workouts. Like if you download their app and run it while you are doing other things you get credit for a workout. Or if you start a workout and stop it after 10 minutes you get credit. Or if you are doing their meditation it counts. And on and on. Now the people who have DONE 10 WORKOUTS A DAY are like...nuh uh...I just like to workout and I spend my entire day going between my bike, my treadmill, my rower, and my new cabinet. (It's like a Black Mirror thing, weights store inside the workout plays on a giant screen on the front that you mimic, not going to lie, I kind of want one)

But still, that's a lot of hours a day to put toward working out. 

And as a former LMT I read some of the posts and want to just reach through the screen and stop people and send them to their doctors. My foot hurts, my knees hurt, my hips ache, my...on and on. But they are looking for braces and work outs that won't bother them. People, it's because you're putting WAY too much stress on your body. You can't go from the couch to 3 hours running on a treadmill without risking stress fractures. GO TO THE DOCTOR.

So anyway, I'm in two groups right now that are associated with my treadmill workout program. One that drinks a lot and one that brags about workouts a lot. Let's see how long I last in them! My money is on the drinking group being the one that sticks, I mean they set up a game that you take a shot for each time Chris says "in and of itself" during a workout but you have to keep track and do them after the workout so you don't pass out half way through. I might not enjoy the booze but the snark is *chef's kiss*

Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the lawsuit against iFit is settled quickly without completely crashing the company. It would be a huge bummer to lose out on all of my magnet chances, even if I'm not going to get the one for 500 workouts in a year even though apparently Kyle from Pocatello is getting his next week....

I tell you when I think someone is a bit obsessive well...



No comments:

Post a Comment