Sunday, May 19, 2019

Impeach Me? Impeach you!

So after actually reading the Mueller Report Justin Amash came out and said, "yeah, it's that bad." or something close to that.

And Trump clapped back with, "you're a booger face!" or something like that.

Look, I'm not a Libertarian. Mostly because I don't think government in and of itself is a bad thing. I think that there are things good government could accomplish. I also think that more and more it's libertarian, lowercase l. Meaning that it's really Republicans that don't want to align with Trump anymore so they've infiltrated the Libertarian Party.

But I often find myself in alignment with Libertarian philosophy. A lot of what I believe socially comes down to "don't be rude" which is actually in line with the Libertarian founding belief of "mind your own damn business" so really I can find a lot of common ground there.

But like I said, I don't buy in to the idea that large groups of people will do the right thing if you call them a business and the wrong thing if you call them government. I think large groups of people will do the right thing or the wrong thing depending on who is leading the group and what the objectives are. Businesses are designed to make money. The libertarian belief is that the market will control their behavior by purchasing power. If they make bad moral decisions the market will punish them. I believe in regulation because I think that hiding bad moral decisions is the more likely outcome than not making them.

So I am not a libertarian. Or a Libertarian.

But man I wish some more Republicans would get some sort of libertarian back bone wash off of Amash. Who actually is a Republican, by the way, not a Libertarian. He's just a libertarianesque Republican. Rand Paul used to be my libertarian-like lifeline in Republican presidential debates. He was the one who would say things like "Wait! Why do we want war? Hunh? Good God, y'all what is it good for?" But now...well maybe there was only one spine to go around and Amash got it?

But anyway, Amash came out and said that there were impeachable offenses committed and that something should be done. He tweeted out a list to his maybe 200,000 followers. The main stream media news picked it up and said..."Ooooh....someone's gonna get in trooouuuble." and this morning Trump tweeted to his million or so followers that Amash is a loser because he thinks Trump should be impeached. All of those followers who do not watch the mainstream media. Who wouldn't have any idea that a Republican read the report and came away with the belief that Trump should be impeached if Trump himself hadn't amplified the message.

But he just can't help it.

He cannot let things pass.

So Amash is a lightweight and a loser.

Fine.

But he's not wrong.

Russia interfered.

Trump obstructed.

Indictments.
Guilty pleas.
Guilty verdicts.
More cases still pending.

It wasn't a witch hunt.

He wasn't fully exonerated.

No matter how many times he repeats it, it's not true.

Vote in 2020.

#BlueNoMatterWho

#AmashIsRight

No comments:

Post a Comment