Thursday, May 12, 2022

Two In A Row!

Okay, so making that effort to sit down and write. I need to take care of some other house things that are easier to do on the big computer (vs. on my phone) so it seems like it would be silly not to take the time to write.

It's all going to be more move stuff so if you are already bored with this you can skip and not even feel badly about it. 

We are in this weird limbo state right now. We have moved. But we haven't closed on the sale of the townhouse. We are in the new house. But we haven't finished settling in. We've ordered our bedroom set. But it's still tracking as not delivered until the end of May. We've had a couple of people come in with estimates for window coverings. But the prices are crazy high. But if we don't order soon it will be winter before we have blinds or curtains. We have gotten rid of a bunch of stuff that doesn't work in the new house. But we haven't replaced things yet. 

So basically the house is obviously being lived in, but it's not yet done nicely.

Oh and we need to get the back yard landscaping done and the porch screened in.

And and and...

I had thought we would be mostly settled in (except for the yard) by June but I'm revising that to July or August. Supply chain issues are still causing us problems. The new dishwasher we ordered is MONTHS out for delivery, for instance. And it's like that for everything we do. We find something we like and get the order process started and...that's going to take 6 to 8 weeks to be done. 

Which is why I was so relieved that the valve for the furnace looks like it will take a week. I feel like once the townhouse is closed and done then at least my brain will stop doing the "remember when you moved to Colorado and the house in Hillsboro didn't sell for MONTHS?" loop. 

As Brent put it yesterday "You've been a little on edge lately."

Yeah, a little. 

I mean if you call wanting to throw my phone into the driveway and run it over three or four times to stop the constant barrage of phone calls and texts a little. Then yeah, a little.

I am peopled out basically. 

And I don't have the luxury of being peopled out right now. I need to deal with workers for some things that need to be done here at the house (at one point Monday morning I had three different sets of workers in the house. THREE SETS!). I need to deal with workers for the townhouse. I need to deal with the sale of the townhouse. There are some sporting events that we are attending over the next few weeks (yes, those are fun and great, but still filled with people). 

And all I want to do is close the doors, pull the non-existent blinds, and just sit quietly. 

Maybe this Fall? 

But odds are quiet time all alone in my new house is on backorder...

No comments:

Post a Comment