Monday, May 16, 2022

Shopping...

I have done so much shopping lately. Like crazy amounts of things. And I am going to do more. 

It makes me really tense. I keep waiting for the credit card to be denied. I grew up broke. We were broke for a long time when we were first married. It's really new to me that we aren't broke. And it's not like we are rich. We aren't the kind of people who money is just "there" with no worries. Brent works long hours in a really stressful job to make the money we have. But we aren't broke. 

But when you grow up broke it's a very hard thing to not think like a broke person. Like going shopping for clothes I will look at things and put them back if they aren't on sale. Because I'm not spending more than $20 for a shirt! That's crazy! And Brent has to tell me, you can afford to spend more than $20 on a shirt. It's okay. Get the shirt.

And that's just $20 shirts.

I've been buying appliances and furniture and household services and doctor visits. And it's stressing me out. 

But it would stress me out even more to be sitting in a house half furnished wondering about my uterus so spend spend spend. 

And THEN the even worse part of it is that things are still on big delays with supply chain issues.

Supply chain issues. That's such a great term isn't it? I mean it covers so much. Can't get that to you, supply chain issues. And we all nod and frown. Oh yeah, supply chain issues. We know how that is. While it used to be we would get pissed, BUILD THEM FASTER! DON'T SELL ME SOMETHING YOU DON'T HAVE IN STOCK! NO FUCKING WAY AM I WAITING FOR A FEW WEEKS FOR THAT! Now? We're like, really? You can get that in 6 months? Perfect! Sign me up!

Supply chain issues. 

Bah...

Anyway...

Now I'm spending money and shopping for things that I won't even get for 6-8 weeks after I place the order more often than not. Sometimes even longer. The dishwasher I just ordered is on a 3 months delay. For a dishwasher!

Good news is I only had to pay for half of it right now, I guess. 

This week's spending activities will include: Last of the medical tests for me, hopefully the repair on the furnace at the townhouse, the new bedroom set might possibly arrive this week so anything we still owe on that will be due, we should buy a new TV for the living room, possibly some new shelves for there as well, I need to make an estimate appointment with the landscaping guy, window coverings need to be finalized and maybe if there's time this weekend we will stop by the garden store and get some flowers for the front and back decks. OH! And I just bought some new office shelves today, one set will be here next week the next is about 8-10 weeks out because...supply chain issues. 

So the house will stay half done and not settled in until maybe Fall (I talked about this before) and I will keep shopping to fill the new space with pieces that fit this place a little better and I will still keep bitching about needing to pay more than $20 for a shirt.


Because that's a lot of money!

No comments:

Post a Comment