Saturday, November 30, 2019

November Recap!

And another month draws to a close. This will be the last of the monthly recaps since next month will be the yearly one. Finally.

Fitness/Weight! Got back to the gym much more regularly, if you don't count the mini-vacation to Hawaii in the middle. Though we were active every day when we were there so that actually worked out fine. I was down in weight from last month right up until the past few days...hmm..wonder what happened there. It's been a good Thanksgiving. Right now my end of year goal is actually to try and drop this and get to flat for the year. Not at all where I started the year thinking I wanted to be but as you know I'm trying to reach for acceptance now. Oh, and the circuit thing I was trying last month? Yeah, I stuck with it until we went to Hawaii and then when we came back I went back to splits. I lift too much now for circuits to really tax my muscles and my knees are too bad to be able to really hit the cardio hard enough to balance it. So splits it is.

Reading! According to Goodreads I am three books ahead of schedule and I need to read 4 by the end of December basically a book a week. I've still got one more of the Discworld books to read but I've got it on my Kindle waiting to finish The Starless Sea so that will be done as well.

Writing! After this blog I will be one ahead for the year so I'll need 13 for December. Not where I was hoping to be, since I wanted to be way ahead, but it's a totally doable number. I really am hoping for some fun Christmas story ideas to hit, though I don't need the fiction because I hit that goal this month. So with the submissions being hit last month, the fiction this month, I'm looking pretty good on hitting this one for the year.

MasterClass! After figuring out that my subscription will run out the first week of December I made a shift on the one a month to make it 12 overall and started RL Stine the end of October to carryover and become November's class. I never read RL Stine's books, C didn't really read RL Stine either, that I remember, but I was aware of him, of course. I mean the man cranks out books like Stephen King. It was such an enjoyable class. He doesn't really take what he does for a living seriously, I mean, clearly he is a huge success and has a way of writing that works for him, but he's pretty hilarious about it all. After him I took Joyce Carol Oates for my "December" class. She does take writing VERY seriously and as such the class was not nearly as enjoyable for me. I'm a write for fun because it amuses me writer. I've realized this over the years watching other people I know write and how the ones that take it seriously approach it vs. the ones who are like me and just write for shits and giggles approach it. First hint, I won't proof this before I post it let alone rewrite and edit.

Museum/Attraction! I was so excited for this one. OMSI (our science museum) had been sending me advertising for the Gingerbread exhibit for a month and they do really neat exhibits. So we went to this last Sunday expecting to see some really great Gingerbread creations and some things on the science of building with baked goods and...well...it wasn't that. There were four things. That's it. Two were cute, one was kind of lame and one was amazing. For a $15 ticket (since I wasn't planning on seeing anything else in the museum) it was really disappointing. But since we were there we saw the Exquisite Creatures exhibit and that was pretty amazing. So it wasn't what we went for, but it was worth the price. Sometimes that's the way it goes.

Long Term! I ended up choosing to sort the kitchen. I didn't really get rid of much, or even move much around but I did get a quick reminder of what I have and what I felt like I needed to replace. I'm still debating getting rid of a few more things but for now everything is safe.

So what's on tap for December?

Just finishing out the year. I've got a few more goals to hit so I will work towards those. Then on to preparing for 2020 and the no goal revolution. I think it's going to be nice. Maybe. We'll see.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment