Thursday, February 28, 2019

February Recap!

After a stellar start to the year's goals in January how did February go? Did I put even more distance between me and the starting gate? Did I smoke all of my monthly numbers?

Well...

February is a short month.

We were on vacation for 10 days of it.

I hurt my hand while we were in Hawaii.

We came home to snow and ice and...

Yeah, so...

Reading! According to Goodreads I've read 12 of 80 so I'm on track! Yay! The Discworld series? Funny story, not the series though that is funny as well but..last I checked in with you I was waiting for Small Gods to come available. And two weeks later I was STILL waiting so I decided to skip to Lords and Ladies. The books are tied but pretty much all stand alone stories so I don't really need to read them in order. Get Lords and Ladies and it has an opening that basically says, "Hey, most of the Discworld books are stand alones BUT...." I laughed so loud I scared the neighbors. But it turns out I didn't need to read Small Gods but I really should have read all of the Witches subseries books first, which I had so I was good. So far Lords and Ladies is my favorite of the whole series. I really liked it. And Small Gods FINALLY came available so I'm reading it right now. Still a little behind in the goal for 15 but I should catch up here soon. Depending on availability...

Writing! With this blog that puts me at 9 for the month and 27 for the year so I went from ahead to one behind. I can make that up. No problem. Right? Sure... I have 11 fiction pieces done for the year so I'm still doing well on hitting that goal. I think a little ahead. AND I submitted a piece for a contest so I've got my first quarter submission done. Three more to go there. But I'm in the goal zone with that.

Monthly Museum/Attraction! We went to The Baldwin House Museum while we were in Hawaii. It was...well, it counted toward my goal. I don't really recommend it. It was slightly interesting but very small and very overpriced for what it was. So it counts, but it wasn't great. 

Fitness/Weight! I did not gain back everything I lost in January so that's nice. Guys, I really enjoyed my time in Hawaii and did I mention the snow and ice and hurt hand when we came back? Basically the last time I set foot in a gym was Valentine's Day so...hopefully back at it at least limited gym time tomorrow and hopefully able to lift weights next week, though it might be another week or two before I am there. So I'm still down overall for the year in weight and I am hopeful that the rest that I gained in Hawaii goes away and takes some friends. But it was a yummy good trip with dessert and drinks and Loco Moco. :-)

MasterClass! Guys, wow...So you know how I said the Malcolm Gladwell one was interesting? It was sort of like a lot of little mini Ted Talks by him. I really liked it. Well, Gaiman's was like a condensed version of his class he teaches at Bard. It was AMAZING. I so enjoyed it. In fact I enjoyed it so much I'm worried that there is no way I'll enjoy whoever I choose for March. If you are a fan of his, if you are a writer, if you are interested in any of the other instructors let me know. I have a code for you to use to sign up that will get you free months added on to your subscription. I think it's three free for you and one more month free for me. So win win!

Long term stuff! I picked a couch. We should go buy it this weekend. I would have gone last Sunday when we got home but I was too tired. That red eye flight kills me. It was really nice to have that full extra day in Hawaii but man Sunday was a bust and Monday was a little rough as well. ANYway...I picked a couch. That was my long term goal for the month and I hit that.

So really for a short month and being gone or sidelined by weather and injury for half of it, I didn't do too terribly. 

March! What's on the plate? Buying that couch, and a rug, and probably a few other pieces, basically getting the basement set up. Losing the weight I put back on in Hawaii and hopefully a little more. Letting my hand fully heal before I stress it too much. This is a goal because I'm really lousy at this. I want it to be better now not later, but it's not better now and if I don't let it get better it's just going to linger. So it's now a goal...Also get back ahead of the curve with writing, reading, and look for my next submission. 

How are you doing? Lent is coming up if you want a refresher time for goal setting, that's always a good one. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment