Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Random ideas that then need plans....

I had an idea today. Well, I have ideas most days, but this was more than a normal idea. It was a big idea. Triggered by something I am already doing. But this was an add on. And new. And kind of cool. And I was completely enamored with the idea...

...for about a half hour.

Then the realities started to set in. To do this thing I would need money. Lots of money. And time. Lots of time. Well I have time and Brent has money so that could be covered. And since I would be doing it over a long time maybe I could do it a little cheaper than I had originally thought.  But...

The details. If I was doing X then someone else would need to do Y. And does that work?

And it wouldn't just be me. But what if I'm the only one who thinks it's a good idea?

And is it really? It seems kind of cool in that, I did this, sort of way, but what is the point really?

And...and...and....

So now I'm not sure if this is a big idea. Or just a fleeting thought that got stuck. Which is why I'm not really saying what the idea was. It's still percolating. Still forming. I'm still deciding if it's an idea that will come to fruition or just passing through.

Which of course lends itself to thinking about how many times we talk ourselves out of big ideas. Though I'm not ready to commit to that always being a bad thing. Sometimes a big idea is really just a bad idea....

I'll let you know if this one ends up being a real idea.


1 comment:

  1. I hate cliffhangers and curiosity kills me come on woman what is it and bloody well do it!!! any time now, come on just jump and do!!!

    If it was big enough that got you to FB and blog it, would guess it has merit, you are not one to think up something and not do!! Money and time, ya say you got it so grab it and do!!! (and yes could be my curiosity on this giving you the push but still, that has some validity!!)

    ReplyDelete