Monday, April 1, 2013

Let's go for a meditation....

I didn't feel like working out today. Just couldn't find my motivation so I did what any good parent would do and bribed myself. I decided I would walk down to Starbucks for a treat instead of doing a workout DVD.  Great plan except it's a fast day so the treat thing didn't quite pan out...but I still got out in to the sun before the clouds took over and got a walk in.

Walking for me is always a good time to think. When C was home he and I would go for walks together and talk about all of the random things going on. When I walk by myself I do the same thing, but mostly keep the voices in my head. Mostly. But since we're all such good friends I figured I would let you in on a little of what I was thinking....

 There is a giant fat bee in these flowers. I'm always really proud of myself for being able to stand close to bees now. I feel very brave. Until they fly and I twitch like a child...

 If I hadn't used the picture I used for my picture of the day I would have used this one. I wonder if kids actually pretend this is part of a ship or if they just dig all of the slides and bridges. When I was in pre-first (I didn't attend kindergarten, they called it pre-first) we had a bridge like thing on the playground and we would play Lost In Space on it. I always wanted to be Judy but got stuck playing Penny. Just like when we would play Charlie's Angels and I always got stuck playing Sabrina when I really wanted to play Jill or Kelly. This lets you know a few things. I've always wanted to play the pretty girl but never did, and I am really old. 


Walking through the park I see a mom up ahead of me with three kids. Her oldest daughter is lagging behind collecting flowers for a lovely bouquet. 

 When you see this do you think weeds or bouquet for mom?

 I hope I always have part of my brain that thinks like a four year old and sees pretty flowers instead of just weeds.

 Walked past this and thought...Rex would like this. 


 So I doubled back and took a couple of pictures of them. Little seashell looking bits of fungus.

Thinking about Rex made me think about a conversation Brent and I had a few weeks ago about how I am different with people I know online than I am with people I know through face to face encounters. Specifically that I "put up with" a lot more from my online friends. I don't fight much in life (anymore). I don't like to, I don't care for it, I don't prefer it and if I have someone in my life that likes to pick and fight I just won't deal with them. I've said it here before, I just can't abide by rudeness. So if you are rude to me I have no room for you in my life. But people online tend to get more argumentative about things than they would face to face so I tend to grade on a sliding scale. He isn't sure it's a good idea. I'm not either. But what I'm not sure about is does that mean I should be less tolerant of the behavior in people online or more with people face to face? Hmmm....


 At the end of the walk comes this hill. Which never looks like much until I'm half way up and then I think...oh god this thing never ends! Why is it so steep?
But I'm already half way up so turning around and taking the gentler slope in to the neighborhood at this point is silly so I keep going...

And then when I reach the top and look back I think, oh that wasn't so bad, what was I complaining about...and I have to laugh at myself and wonder if I took a walk or just a long metaphor...

No comments:

Post a Comment