Wednesday, July 8, 2009

May - August 2007

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wow....
Current mood: frustrated

Okay, it's been awhile since I last blogged. Busy term.

Just finished mid-terms today. Monday was Anatomy and Physiology and today was Massage 2. A&P went spectacularly. Ended up with 244 out of 240 possible points due to extra credit. Can I get a woo and a hoo? Really sort of digging that class. Pure science, nothing to do but to learn it. And Padeen is such a fun teacher. Really brings a lot to the class. It's very interesting to finally understand how my body is working at a cellular level. Very cool.

Massage 2...well now...that's a totally different story. Really a very frustrating class. I like the instructor. Lisa seems like a great person, really high energy, really positive. But the tests...OMG....we only have two written quizzes, the mid-term and the final and the same in the practicals. So really no room for error there. After the first quiz I left the room in a daze...no idea how I did. But up to that point I wasn't really sure I was "getting" the class either. It's all about movement and assessment. But a couple weeks ago there was the shift I had been waiting for and all of a sudden the heavens parted and the angels sang and I really felt like I was getting it. Monday we did a test run for the practical and did some quizzing in the class and I really felt pretty confident about the test today...

Mari, Stacy and I went up early and took the practical on the break between classes, and yep, went well. Really did get it. I missed 2 points out of 160 possible. I can deal with a 98%. Then came the written....OMG...I have never taken so long to complete a test. Never felt so lost on a test. Even in high school when I wouldn't bother to study I felt better about them! I have absolutely no clue how I did. I don't even know for sure that I understood what they were looking for on half the questions. Called Mari and Stacy afterward and they both felt the same way...so at least I know it was the test that sucked and not me. Thank God for them!! So glad we took the practical first, I was so frustrated and brain dead by the time the written was over I don't think I could have taken the practical and done well afterward.

So on the first quiz I left in a daze, not sure I did well and ended up with a good grade...let's hope that's true this time as well...

Monday, May 21, 2007

Whew...
Current mood: relieved

Okay did well on the Massage midterm as well...
still a little frustrated, as well as I did I should have felt that leaving the class instead of totally lost as to how I did...

But...can't complain too much when you have an A right?

6:21 PM

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Two weeks and no homework!
Current mood: relieved

Woo hoo!! Finals are done. And I pulled my A's. Woo hoo again! Hard hard hard term this time. Glad I pulled it out and am done.

Two out of three science class down. Pathology next term with Massage 3. But...have I mentioned....I have no homework for the next two weeks!

Thanks to everyone for the good luck wishes!
7:05 PM


Sunday, June 24, 2007

Did I mention no homework?
Current mood: relaxed

Went to the coast yesterday to pick up Christopher from camp. He had a great time. The band he was in sounded fabulous. Concert band material instead of jazz so it was different than what we have been listening to him play.

The first song they did was called Song of the Sailor and the Sea (I think?) and it was pretty incredible. The drum they started with sounded just like the ocean rolling in and out. Then there was a section with whale sounds that they did with the drums and a little water. It was pretty awesome. Of course I love that shit...as it was pointed out to me on the drive home if only I had a tattoo or something that showed my love for the ocean...or maybe a ton of whales, dolphins, lighthouses and waves in my house...hmmm....maybe I could work on that...

The last song they did was a bunch of themes from space movies, lots of trumpet so it was fun to hear him play. And it was really perky and upbeat. They also did a song called October which featured the oboe, not a lot of songs that feature the oboe, but it was really pretty. Christopher said he thought it was pretty, but as he doesn't like pretty, he likes upbeat and fun he didn't care for it much. At least he knows what he likes right?

It's good to have the boy child back. I missed him while he was gone. Only 3 more years before he wanders off into the great wide world....amazing...

Here is where I know I am old (but not that old)...the intermediate band played and there was this girl in the band probably about 14 or 15 wearing just caked on eyeliner (poor little emo girl) and then later when Christopher's band was playing she came in dressed in her street clothes (Avril is that you?) and I thought...oh man...her parents are in trouble with that one...so I am watching Christopher's band play and there is this kid on drums with his highly stylized hair cut...it's supposed to look wind swept to one side...anyway...it's so long that it's in his eyes while he is trying to play so he keeps doing this complicated head shake to get it out of his eyes but still keep the right "look" to it. It's making me laugh. So I poke Brent and tell him to look cause it's funny....so then one of the times he whips his head around I see this GIANT hickey on his neck...ah...yeah...drummers get all the play. And after the concert when the kids are all saying goodbye to each other, who has her hand in Mr. Drummer's back pocket? Yep, you guessed it...eyeliner girl...her parents are in SO much trouble.
11:53 AM


Sunday, July 01, 2007

Body Worlds
Current mood: impressed

Okay, I went to Body Worlds 3 on Friday and I have to say if it ever comes someplace near you, you have to go! I had no urge to go at all but Christopher wanted to and then he got a free ticket...and Brent took the day off...and blah blah blah woof woof...there we were at Body Worlds.

A couple of people that I go to school with had already been and loved it, but I was really put off by the promo shots. I do okay in class with the anatomy videos (really really fresh corpse) until they start moving the joints or pushing the muscles aside. Then I get a little squicky...so I wasn't really sure how I was going to deal with real bodies up close and personal.

But no worries...it was so cool I was completely enthralled from the start. And it gave me a chance to show Brent and Christopher just exactly what I have been learning in school. Christopher told me after we left that there was a woman following he and I through the whole exhibit listening to me explaining to him what muscles we were looking at and what they were doing. It made me laugh.

I think every elementary school kid and their parents should have to look at the smokers lungs and then again in middle school as a reminder. I think you would see a lot of adults quitting and not very many kids starting. It was really intense.

I could go on and on about the exhibit but just trust me and go if you can. Also be sure to make sure it's a Body Worlds exhibit or another exhibit that knows just exactly where the bodies come from...one of the ones that is like that has been using the bodies of Chinese prisoners of war. Not that they care now that they are dead, but it just seems so disrespectful to have not had the choice.
1:14 PM

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Here we go again...
Current mood: tired

Okay, start of third term was last Monday. Pathology and Massage 3 this time around. And as usual I was traveling the first week of class with work! Ugh! Missed the lecture on Wednesday that I will be taking a quiz on Monday. God Bless Mari for taking notes for me.

This term I have the same instructor for both classes so 6 hours straight with one teacher. Hopefully she will be good. So far I think she will be hard but fair. That's an okay combination. We will see if my opinion changes as the term goes along.

It was my last trip to Louisville last week. It was kind of weird sitting in the meeting knowing I would not be doing it again. I have seen the same faces for 5 years at these things and to know that this is the last time I will see most of them was odd. Especially since I couldn't really say anything about leaving.

I got a chance to have lunch with Holly (friend of mine back there) and that was wonderful. She is pregnant with her first baby; due in October and looks wonderful. I love a happy pregnant lady!

Okay back to the books, just wanted to give a quick update!
3:02 PM

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Thanks for making it easy....
Current mood: angry

Okay, I gave my boss THE DAY today. Last day will come at the end of September. But he made it really easy on me. Stopped talking to me. Got pissy. Then took credit for an ad I created. Thanks! Now I just wish I could do it earlier...

Seriously...when all is said and done he will have had 10 months notice. WHO DOES THAT?? Ten months! But nope, not enough for him to be a grown up about me leaving.

And then taking credit for my work, now that is just not acceptable.

What a piece of work...
7:44 PM


Wednesday, August 08, 2007

7 more weeks...
Current mood: excited

That's my new mantra. Or at least for this week...next week it will be 6 more weeks...then 5 more weeks...you get the point.

My last day of work is in 7 more weeks. My last day of class for this term is in 7 more weeks. When I make it through this last incredibly busy frustrating time period life should get easier and I can go back to being a little more smiley and a little less bitchy...and believe me EVERYONE is ready for that!!

Wish me (and everyone around me) luck!!
3:55 PM


Saturday, August 11, 2007

6 more weeks...and now midterms...
Current mood: determined

All right, midterms are this week. Spent last week, part of today and will spend all of tomorrow studying. Really, really, really, really want to get those A's. I am trying hard on one hand to accept that it just might not happen with this particular instructor and class structure...but it's just so not my personality to be happy with anything less than that A grade.

Argh...

Wish me luck, either to accept that a B is a perfectly acceptable grade, or to get that A. Your choice!
8:32 PM

Monday, August 13, 2007

Yeah...I don’t think so...
Current mood: drained

So I don't think I got that A. I won't have my grades until next week, the instructor is leaving for Iceland to run a marathon and won't be back in class until next Wednesday so no grades until she comes back....

But I think I am going to have to be happy with a B, and maybe even grateful I pulled that out. Ugh....

So my self esteem is taking a beating this week between work and school and stuff. And to top it off Danny Bonaduce dropped me from his friends, I mean how bad do you have to be for Bonaduce to drop you??

I need to go to the mall....like Sally Field in Soap Dish...probably nobody out there reading this gets that reference...but trust me...it's comedy gold.

Okay...off to study again for round two on Wednesday.


Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Failing Up...
Current mood: frustrated

So what do you do when your whole view on how the world works is continually shaken by someone who can fall in a bucket of shit and come out smelling like roses over and over and over?? And not just falling in...but jumping in and wallowing about for a bit...

I have always believed that good things happen to good people and that if you are not a good person the world catches up to you and you fail. But this guy just continues to do the wrong thing, make the wrong choice, be the jerk and even when it looks like he will finally reap the consequences of his actions something happens that saves his ass from the payback. OVER and OVER and OVER....

it's frustrating...just when did he sell his soul to the devil and how long of a deal did he arrange??

Friday, August 17, 2007

Humbled...
Current mood: contemplative

So last week was a wreck, this week was a wreck and yesterday had all of the earmarks of being a wreck.

And then...the people in my life that matter rallied and made yesterday one of the most touching days I have ever had. At the end of the co-op meeting one by one my favorite franchisees said that they appreciated me and what I have done for them. And that out of all the people that have ever worked for them I was the best. The best. Wow. Now I know people always have nice things to say as you leave, but they were so sweet. Scott got all red eyed and sincere, Jeff talked about how even his managers looked forward to spending time with me, Justin talked about all that I have done personally for their business..and then at the end of the meeting Todd stood up and said, "when people are this good at what they do we only have one way of showing it" and they gave me a standing ovation. Yeah...right in to the ugly cry. I am touched. Humbled. Amazed. What am I going to do without these amazing people in my life?
7:23 PM
1 Comments




Monday, August 20, 2007

Funny....
Current mood: amused

So today I turned 39 and last night I hurt my hip...so I am officially the old woman with the bad hip!!

Last year in my 30s. Next year will be graduation and a new career! Can't wait to see what the next 39 years bring!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Well I’ll Be...Or I’ll A I guess....
Current mood: ecstatic

TJ got back from Iceland and was in class today so we got our midterm grades...and I got an A on the Pathology midterm so now I have an A in that class. And I got a high enough A on the written Midterm in M3 to bring that B up to an A. I was shocked, but very excited and incredibly relieved. So there you go...GPA salvaged for the time being...


4:47 PM

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Tired....
Current mood: sad
...have you ever reached the point where you are just bone tired? Soul tired? Feel like you just need about a year of peace and quiet to recuperate? Tired of having the same fights with the same people? Tired of feeling like you are obviously the crazy one? What do you do with yourself when you reach that point? I used to take a day off from the world and lose myself in a good book. Recharge the batteries, but I don't have a day to give right now, so what's a quick pick me up, soul recharge...any suggestions?
3:39 PM



Sunday, August 26, 2007

Oh duh...
Current mood: relaxed

Okay, answered my own question...

Did an exchange with Stacy this morning and feel so much better. So...that quick break/pick me up I needed? yeah...massage. Giving and receiving...

Massage student relax thyself...
7:14 PM


Friday, August 31, 2007

Three weeks to go....
Current mood: relieved

The end is in sight! Going to be a busy three weeks for sure. Met my replacement yesterday...kind of creepy...we look alike. It's almost like he thought if he hired someone that looks like me he could slip her in without anyone noticing...

I am really feeling pretty darn good today. I had a job offer this week that I was tempted by for about 12 hours...then turned down. I know what days I will have to train my replacement. I got to spend time with a good friend that I didn't think I would be able to. I get to see another good friend tomorrow at yet another good friend's wedding. I got reinforcement that massage is what makes me happy. And best of all...I see the light at the end of the tunnel and I am pretty sure it's not a train!

Now on to writing a term paper and studying for finals and training my replacement....busy busy busy...
but almost done!!
7:09 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment