Wednesday, July 8, 2009

February - May 2008

All right, this is the LAST of the mass postings! Thanks for bearing with my extreme laziness in not wanting to reformat all of this! :-)

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Boards
Current mood: giddy

I passed both of my boards!! I took my written today and you get your results right away and the results from my practical came in the mail today. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself! Yee haw!!

And Brent brought me cake to celebrate...it just keeps getting better and better!


Friday, March 14, 2008

Odd...
Current mood: cold

I am sitting in my basement listening to strangers walk around upstairs in my house...

They are rehanging all of my windows today and so I am locked up in the basement with both cats because it is FREEZING upstairs. The cats are hiding behind the couch, funny how they stopped being angry about being locked up as soon as the power tools started up!

It’s a very strange feeling to know that a group of strangers is walking around my house. But at least it will only take a day and then we can rehang our blinds and start moving the furniture back to where it belongs. Maybe someday soon the will get the siding redone and the plastic wrap can come down!!
11:35 AM

Friday, March 28, 2008

Finished!
Current mood: accomplished

My diploma came in the mail even though graduation isn’t until April 13th…it’s official I know my gluteaus maximus from my olecranon process (trust me, comedy GOLD!)

It’s been a wild 15 months. I learned more than I thought I ever could. Met some incredible people, met some people that made me do the slow head shake. Broke free from the agency. Leaving a job that pays well enough for a job that will pay half as much isn’t easy, even if the better paying job makes your jaw clench and your head hurt.

After worrying about taking on more than I could chew this last term with 3 classes and taking the boards I got my final grades for the term as well. Deep Tissue 100%, Trigger Point 98%, Myofascial 98%...I guess if I had been more realistic about my schedule I could have gotten that extra 4%! And yes, for those of you keeping track that makes it a perfect 4.0 GPA…not that grades matter to me at all….

Now I just need to find a space to hang my hat and start growing my practice. Wish me luck in finding something that I can afford that isn’t located directly behind a strip club, next to a junk yard, across the street from the abandon building with Tweaker spray painted on the side….
7:52 AM



Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Parenting...
Current mood: amused

Okay, so I have been doing this for fifteen years and I still feel like I have NO clue what it is I am supposed to be doing...

I am going to set up my practice here at the house. The best space to do it is downstairs. Right now Christopher has a very nice teenage boy setup down there so we are in the process of condensing his stuff and moving him upstairs into my massage room and moving me downstairs into the bigger space. So, anyway, he is going away this weekend for a Jazz competition in Monterey (very big deal, over a hundred bands tried out only 12 were accepted, winner gets to perform on the mainstage this fall at the Monterey Jazz Festival) ANYWAY...his dad and I will be moving everything upstairs this weekend. SO I told him this morning that we would be doing that, and as part of doing that we would most likely be emptying drawers and getting rid of things so if he had anything he didn’t want us to see he should take care of it tonight.

He points out to me the very obvious, gee, nice of you to warn me, I would think it would have been better for you just to look for anything you think I wouldn’t want you to see instead of warning me to hide it better....D’Oh!

So I explained, that I trust him, I have no reason not to. I am pretty positive he is clean and sober and not participating in any illegal activities, but I respect his privacy as well and if he has personal notes in there that he doesn’t want to share with us, then he can move them or get rid of them. He tells me cool, I will go through stuff tonight just to make sure.

Now of course, I am wondering if I should run around today and look through all of his stuff just to make sure he isn’t hiding anything!!

I figure at this pace and learning curve I will have figured out how to be a parent by the time he moves out...maybe.
1:02 PM

Friday, May 02, 2008

Family...
Current mood: contemplative

So a few months ago while I was regaling a friend with the latest news about my family he suggested that I should write a book about them. So I have been tossing it around in my head...the only problem is that I don't think anyone would believe that all of the wacky stuff was really true!

So maybe a fictionalized account of what my extend family is like. What do you think? Does everyone have a book in them just dying to get out? Is everyone's family a comedy waiting to happen? Or is it just mine?
2:24 PM

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Falling out of love...
Current mood: angry

Okay, quick post and if I can stomach it I will post more on this topic later. I have officially fallen out of love. I was in love for many years, to the point of giddy at times. Now I am no longer in love and not only am I out of love I am working my way steadily to contempt. For years I made excuses for bad behavior. I talked myself back into love each time the bloom would being to fade. When something was said that I just KNEW KNEW KNEW was wrong I thought I must have heard something different, seen something different. It couldn't possibly be a HUGE LIE!

Yes, as sad as I am to face it, this is the LAST season of American Idol for me...I can't stand it anymore.
8:31 PM



Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Eek!
Current mood: nervous
Just took Christopher to get his driver's permit...he passed the test and now can legally drive with someone over the age of 18 and licensed in the car. Of course he asked to drive home...I said no way! Then we started the lessons...this is the gas, this is the brake, stay this far away from the cars in front of you, ease off of and on to the gas and NEVER EVER drive as fast as Mom...Sunday morning if he is a good kid and nice to me all week I will take him over to the middle school and let him take his first turn behind the wheel. Wish me luck...then wish everyone on the road in Oregon luck!
4:18 PM


Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Child Abuse
Current mood: depressed

I over heard a conversation today that made me want to take a child away from her parent and run for the door...

I was in the bookstore and the woman behind me in line told her child that she didn't want her spending all of her money on books. The poor child said...but I love to read...and her mother again told her, no, I won't let you use all of your money on books...ARGH!!! It hurt my teeth to hear this...made the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up...I actually butted in to their conversation...suggested the little girl think about which books she wanted to own and read again and again and only buy those books and get the rest from the library.

But it did make me a little sad. The little girl wasn't asking her mother to buy her the books, she was using her own money to buy them. She was maybe around 9 or 10...what else is she going to be spending her money on?

But her mother did say the library idea was a good one after I walked away...so maybe there is hope for the child yet...
2:53 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment