Friday, October 28, 2022

Stuck in the Office...

"She never DOES anything. Just sits and smokes."

Janice took an extra long drag off her cigarette and blew it out in Freda's direction. "Whiner."

"See? And she's not even bothered that she doesn't do anything! I have to pick up all of the slack. I'm moving chairs, I'm closing curtains, I'm turning off all the lights."

"I guess you should have negotiated your contract better."

"How? How is 'do nothing but smoke cigarettes' in your contract?"

"Just lucky I guess."

"Ladies, please. We all do our share. Teamwork makes the dreamwork right? Freda, I know you don't think it's true but Janice contributes a lot. You don't always see how every piece fits into a puzzle if you are focused too much on your own edges. We are a giant forest and each tree is important."

"Anymore trite corporate sayings you'd like to lay on us, Betsy? I mean I bet there is a thousand foot view you're missing."

"Janice, I'm trying to be supportive of you. You could try not being such a..."

"Watch out, Betsy, you might get a visit to HR if you finish that sentence."

"Fine. Gary? Gary, what are you doing today?"

"Same as every day, Betsy. I'll be standing over here by the thermostat making sure it's not ever a comfortable temperature in here."

"And you were worried about my smoking."

Freda sighed. "I swear I'm the only one actually DOING anything."

"It takes a village..."

"Shut up, Betsy!"

---------

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"It sounded like bickering."

"Oh great, you promise me a haunted building and the best you can give me is ghostly bickering?"

"Oh holy shit...can you smell that?"

"Fuck...that's a cigarette isn't it? Like fresh smoke? Holy shit...it is haunted!"

---------

"Stop smirking, Janice, it's rude."

No comments:

Post a Comment